Land F/X Professional Landscape Architecture Software
+1-805-541-1003

Details

CAn Details be linked to Bill of Quanity

Problems or Issues in using either Standard or Component Details

Moderators: Jeremiah Farmer, Forrestt Williams

CAn Details be linked to Bill of Quanity

Postby Ahmed » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:01 am

while using landfx with Hardscape and Softscape it do an awsome work with calculating the materials for Bill of Quantities ,, While i want to ask about the details layers can land fx calculate them . for example

1- Marble layer ( can be calculated with hardscape schedule)
2- underneath it a screed concrete layer .
3- underneath Insulation layer.

Can landfx calculate the underneath layers from an inserted detail .. as it do with the hardscape material.

Thanks
Ahmed

Re: CAn Details be linked to Bill of Quanity

Postby Jeremiah Farmer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 am

We currently can do the hardscape quantity totals for the plan through the Reference Note system.
For within Details, the Detail Builder has a Keynote Callout, which corresponds with the Keynote Schedule:

http://www.landfx.com/documentation/dok ... annotation

The Keynote system is actually just RefNotes, so it is entirely possible to add the ability to have a KeyNote point to a Length, Area, or Object, for purposes of tabulating quantities.

I will add this to the wishlist, and would like to see if any other users would also appreciate such a feature.

--J
CEO, Ecografx, Inc.
http://landfx.com
Jeremiah Farmer

Postby Ahmed » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 am

Jeremiah Farmer wrote:We currently can do the hardscape quantity totals for the plan through the Reference Note system.
For within Details, the Detail Builder has a Keynote Callout, which corresponds with the Keynote Schedule:

http://www.landfx.com/documentation/dok ... annotation

The Keynote system is actually just RefNotes, so it is entirely possible to add the ability to have a KeyNote point to a Length, Area, or Object, for purposes of tabulating quantities.

I will add this to the wishlist, and would like to see if any other users would also appreciate such a feature.

--J

Dear Jeremiah

Let me thank you for your reply and effort, Yes i would appreciate you could add it to wishlist Since that I am working for ECG consultants Landscape Department , and we need this feature to calculate the whole layers urgently , I think this feature ( Adding the detail of a certain hardscape material and its layers) and LAndfx can calculate the whole layers beside the ref.note quantities would make landfx one of the most unique landscape program world wide.

Again thank you and i Wish we could see this update soon.

Ahmed El Hamaky
Senior Landscape Designer.
Ecg Conslutants
Ahmed

Postby Henry Kortekaas » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 am

Hi Jeremiah,

We would be able to use this feature as well.

If I understand how this feature could work, it can reference any keynotes in a detail and maybe let you choose which ones to calculate and with what method? (area, volume, length or object)? And then, allow you to associate a cost with each item and ultimately place just one hatch/object or reference one layer.

Then, will it also be possible to simply create these multi-layered reference notes on their own, without having to reference keynotes? I also seperate out materials in my tenders, and end up just placing an area ref note for say asphalt, and calculating on the side in excel for associated volumes of base material.

Thanks,
Amanda
Henry Kortekaas

Postby Jeremiah Farmer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 am

Yes, the way I envision this working, is that KeyNotes would have a similar ability as RefNotes, to be marked as a Notation, or a Length, Area, Volume, or Object. For a Length, Area, or Volume, it would allow selecting a Layer, and an Object would allow selecting an existing Block. In this fashion, it would make it easier to convert a legacy detail.

One feature I was mulling, was if you might want the quantities multiplied times the number of Detail Callouts, or some other fashion in which you could indicate how many of those detailed areas exist.

The challenging part is the fact that the detail database and the keynote database are wildly disparate. On a single installation, you wouldn't notice it -- but once you are working with multiple Preference Sets, or transferring details between offices, suddenly there becomes the problem of a detail not having the keynote data that is called out within it. So in short, it seems it pushes towards a long-term engineering change, to have the keynote data replicated within the detail database, to give the details more portability, and provide a great deal of data integrity to the keynote data. In the meantime, however, it shouldn't be too difficult to remember that all the keynote data is stored within the Preference Set, and should be backed up and/or transferred along with the details.

--J
CEO, Ecografx, Inc.
http://landfx.com
Jeremiah Farmer

Return to Details