The Land F/X Revit Plugin is now available for you to download and use!
So you want to coordinate with a BIM workflow in Revit, but keep the ease of tailor-made Landscape Architecture tools inside AutoCAD? This is exactly what you need! Coordinate your trees and shrubs over to a Revit drawing easily. Edit the layout in revit, and send it back to CAD to update your sheets.
The plugin is currently in the beta testing phase and will be for some time as our development team proceeds with this new platform, but we wanted to give you access as soon as possible. We know we have a lot of Revit users out there who can get a lot of use out of its current form.
What does "beta" mean?
It means we're working on it! We value your feedback as we work to improve the plugin to meet our usual standards. You'll find that some features are not as streamlined as they are in our other plugins yet. We ask for your understanding that the functionality might differ from what you're used to. We'll work with any feedback to provide temporary workarounds – and eventual fixes – as development progresses. Please note that existing functionality fixes and improvements will take priority over requests for additional or expanded features.
We’re also looking for users to visit our forum to provide other users with answers and workaround suggestions. Help make this roll-out process successful! Share your own successes and questions in forum posts. As always, Land F/X is software for landscape architects and architects, by landscape architects and architects.
If you're familiar with our Land F/X SketchUp or Rhino Plugins, the Revit version is similar but not identical. Here are the differences to keep in mind as of this posting:
1. Uses your same Land F/X Support ID. This is included in your current support for only Planting F/X and Irrigation F/X license types (Design F/X does not include access to the 3D Connection tools).
2. We do not offer a Revit-only Support ID (as with SketchUp). To use the plugin, users will need to either register for a 30-day trial or purchase a license of Planting F/X or Irrigation F/X.
1. The plugin is Windows-only. It works with Revit 2018 or 2019.
2. The installer process is different. See our Install the Land F/X Revit 3D Connection Plugin
page for instructions.
1. The current version only includes the Project List, Import Plants, Plant Info, Export Plants, and Settings. Other tools from the SketchUp version may be included in future versions.
2. Connection to site amenities is not included in the current version.
1. The block library is not currently connected to our cloud-based block library. You’ll see a step to download our current library of Revit Families on the following pages:
Install the Land F/X Revit 3D Connection Plugin
The Revit Library Folder
2. We will post in this forum each time we make new blocks available in our downloadable library.
3. Because the library is not cloud-based, using custom .rfa blocks is simplified. There's no Browse button. Save families into the library and they'll be available to select (note- currently works with single-instance families only).