- Detail Manager Overview
- Replacing a Detail
- Generating a Detail Report
- Assigning a Photo to a Detail
- Renumbering Details
- Deleting Details from a Project
The Detail Manager is your control center for details you add to Land F/X projects. From the Detail Manager, you can add details to your project, view each detail and find out its number, and see which details you've placed in your drawing. You can also open any detail for editing, delete or replace details, place details into the drawing set, or even enter a detail callout for a detail.
Detail Manager Overview
Open the Detail Manager:
F/X Details ribbon, Detail Manager flyout
F/X Details menu, Detail Manager option
Detail Manager toolbar
or type FX_DetailManager in the Command line
The Detail Manager will open. Here, you can complete a variety of actions pertaining to your details.
1. Search for a detail you've added to your project.
2. Options to list your details By Sheet or By Number.
3. Refresh button to update your list of details to reflect changes you've just made, such as placing details.
4. Click this button to renumber your details.
5. This pane lists the details you've added to you project, organized by detail sheet (pictured) or detail number. When you have By Sheet selected, details you have yet to place in a drawing appear at the top of the list (above the title =======PlacedDetails======). The current sheet will appear at the top of the list.
6. Administrative functions where you can:
- Add a New detail to your project.
- Edit a highlighted detail.
- Delete a detail from this project (not from the main database).
- Import a detail from a template or project.
- Replace a highlighted detail with another option. This would also replace the detail if it's been placed in the drawing.
- Option to view a Preview of the selected detail.
7. Place a selected detail into a sheet in your drawing. See our Placing Details documentation for more information and instructions.
8. Insert a detail Callout for a highlighted detail. This is the same feature as our Insert Detail Callout tool; we've just provided it here for convenience.
9. Generate a Report of all details relating to this project and the locations where they've been placed in the drawing.
Replacing a Detail
Our Replace tool makes it easy to replace a detail in your drawing with another detail, or with a newly edited or renumbered version of the same detail.
In the Detail Manager, highlight the detail you want to replace.
Then click Replace.
Navigate to the detail you want to replace the other one, or to the newly edited version of the existing detail. Click OK to replace the original.
The detail in your drawing will be replaced with the new version with the new detail number.
Generating a Detail Report
Need an account of all details relating to this project and the locations where they've been placed in the drawing? Create a detail report.
To create a detail report, click Report in the Detail Manager.
You'll now see a Detail Report dialog box, which offers several options for placing your detail report.
1. Destination: Place a detail report directly in your Drawing, in your drawing in Table format, or in a Spreadsheet.
2. Select any or all of the following options to include them as columns in your detail report:
- Placed details
- Unplaced details
- Drawn By
- Checked By
3. Use this menu to organize the details in your report by:
- Detail number
Your detail report will be either placed in your drawing or exported to a spreadsheet, depending on which option you selected.
Here's an example of a detail report placed in a drawing:
Assigining a Photo to a Detail
We've added the capability of assigning a photo to a detail when adding it to a project from the Detail Manager.
After clicking New to add a detail to a project, click the Preview button.
You'll now see a preview of the selected detail in a separate window. Click the + (plus) button in the top right corner of the expanded Detail Manager to begin assigning the photo.
You'll be brought to a dialog box where you can choose a photo to assign to the detail.
Browse to and select a photo, then click Open.
The photo will now appear in the preview window for the selected detail.
If you want, you can click the + (plus) button again and repeat these steps to assign an additional photo to the detail.
You can also use the left and right arrow buttons (see mage below) to toggle between viewing a preview of the detail and the photo(s) you've assigned to that detail.
You may find yourself needing to renumber details you've placed on a sheet. For example, you may have skipped a detail number when placing the details, or you've skipped a few numbers when numbering the details on that sheet.
In this example, we'll renumber the details listed in the Details Manager to the left and pictured on the sheet below, which are numbered 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10.
To renumber the details on a sheet, open the Paper Space Layout tab that includes the placed details. Click the Renumber button in the top right corner of the Detail Manager to renumber the details.
You'll be asked whether you want to renumber the details on the current sheet.
Click Yes to renumber the details.