- Detail Manager Overview
- Docking and Undocking the Detail Manager
- Replacing a Detail
- Generating a Detail Report
- Deleting Details from a Project
The Detail Manager is your control center for details you add to Land F/X projects. From the Detail Manager, you can add details to your project, view each detail and find out its number, and see which details you've placed in your drawing. You can also open any detail for editing, delete or replace details, place details into the drawing set, or even enter a detail callout for a detail.
Detail Manager Overview
Open the Detail Manager:
F/X Details ribbon, Detail Manager flyout
F/X Details menu, Detail Manager option
Detail Manager toolbar
or type FX_DetailManager in the Command line
The Detail Manager will open. Here, you can complete a variety of actions pertaining to your details.
1. Options to list your details By Sheet or By Number (In the image above, the By Sheet option is selected).
2. Search for a detail you've added to your project.
3. This pane lists the details you've added to you project, organized by detail sheet (pictured) or detail number. When you have By Sheet selected (pictured above), details you have yet to place in a drawing appear at the top of the list (above the title =======PlacedDetails======). The current sheet will appear at the top of the list.
4. A list of details that have been placed in the drawing, listed under the title =======PlacedDetails======.
If you delete one of your layout sheets, or one of your detail sheets from the Sheet Index, any details that were previously placed on those sheets will be marked as unplaced and moved back to the general list of details.
5. Administrative functions where you can:
- Add a New detail to your project.
- Edit a highlighted detail. See our Editing a Detail from the Detail Manager section.
- Delete a detail from this project (not from the main database).
- Import a detail from a template or project.
- Replace a highlighted detail with another option. This would also replace the detail if it's been placed in the drawing.
- Option to Preview the detail in the panel to the right (pictured). You can also click this button to collapse the preview panel.
7. Place a highlighted detail into a sheet in your drawing. See our Placing Details page for more information and instructions.
8. Insert a detail Callout for a highlighted detail. This is the same feature as our Insert Detail Callout tool; we've just provided it here for convenience.
9. Generate a Report of all details relating to this project and the locations where they've been placed in the drawing.
10. Preview image of a highlighted detail. You can open and collapse this pane using the Preview button (see #5 above).
Docking and Undocking the Detail Manager
You can now choose to dock the Detail Manager on the side of your AutoCAD interface. Docking the Detail Manager keeps it active, allowing you to work in your drawing while keeping the Detail Manager open.
To dock the Detail Manager, click the < Dock button.
The Detail Manager will now be docked to the side of your interface, allowing you to work in your drawing while still managing your details.
To undock the Detail Manager, click Undock >.
When docked, the Detail Manager includes a Refresh button (pictured to the left).
If you've deleted a placed detail, moved a detail from one sheet to another or to Model Space, the lists of placed and unplaced details may not change in the display when you have By Sheet selected.
In this case, you can click Refresh to refresh the lists of details and sheet numbers.
Replacing a Detail
Our Replace tool makes it easy to replace a detail in your drawing with another detail, or with a newly edited or renumbered version of the same detail.
In the Detail Manager, highlight the detail you want to replace.
Then click Replace.
Navigate to the detail you want to replace the other one, or to the newly edited version of the existing detail. Click OK to replace the original.
The detail in your drawing will be replaced with the new version with the new detail number.
Generating a Detail Report
Need an account of all details relating to this project and the locations where they've been placed in the drawing? Create a detail report.
To create a detail report, click Report in the Detail Manager.
You'll now see a Detail Report dialog box, which offers several options for placing your detail report.
1. Destination: Place a detail report directly in your Drawing, in your drawing in Table format, or in a Spreadsheet.
2. Select any or all of the following options to include them as columns in your detail report:
- Placed details
- Unplaced details
- Drawn By
- Checked By
3. Use this menu to organize the details in your report by:
- Detail number