Placing the finishing touches on a detail includes filling certain objects with hatch patterns. Our hatch library includes several hatches designed specifically for building your details.
Detail Hatch Patterns Overview
Open our Detail Hatch tool:
F/X Details ribbon, Hatch button
Detail Builder toolbar
F/X Details menu, Detail Hatch flyout
or type FX_DetailHatch in the Command line
The Hatch dialog box will open with the Detail tab selected.
This dialog box contains thumbnail images of all our Detail hatch patterns. We've designed these hatches for specific uses within details you create.
You can use the scroll bar to scroll down and see additional hatch patterns.
Once you've found the hatch pattern you need, click it to select it. Then click OK to place the hatch.
Our hatch patterns are simply graphic standards for typical materials you can use in the creation of a detail. You can easily add more patterns to this library using our Save Hatch tool.
Editing a Hatch Pattern
The following dialog box will open when you click View.
1. Detailed view of the selected hatch pattern
2. If you want, you can change the description of the hatch pattern in this field.
3. This field shows the scale of the selected detail. To change the scale, you can either type a value or use the slider to set a new scale.
4. This field shows the rotation, in degrees, of the selected detail. To change the rotation, you can either type a value or use the slider to set a new rotation.
5. If you want, you can type the name of a layer where the hatch pattern will appear.