Welcome to our Revit documentation section. Revit is an Autodesk modeling program commonly used by architects and other design professionals. Your Land F/X license gives you access to our 3D Connection (available in CAD), as well as the Revit, Rhino, and SketchUp plugins (available as free downloads from our website).
Revit is a separate piece of software from AutoCAD or our plugins. Need Revit? It's available from Autodesk. More information
Our 3D Connection works on Revit 2018 and newer for Windows, but not on Revit LT. Because it's an add-on, Land F/X is not compatible with Revit LT, which, just like AutoCAD LT, doesn’t allow add-ons.
On a Mac? Use virtual Windows software such as Parallels or VMware Focus.
Why beta, and what does it mean for you?
We wanted to allow access to our Revit plugin as soon as we could, as a beta version. What does that mean for you? It means you have the chance to be part of the development process. Although we won't be able to offer full support for the Revit plugin, you'll be able to help us discover and work out some of the inevitable kinks.
As with all our products, we invite you to send us a technical support ticket to let us know about any issues you encounter. Keep in mind that our development team will likely need more time than usual to build a solution.
Get Help from the Land F/X Community
Although we will provide as much assistance as possible, it's always a good idea to reach out to other Land F/X users who, like you, have chosen to be pioneers in the Revit frontier. We encourage you to use our Community Forum to ask questions. Another user may have run into the same issue and may be able to help. Forum posts tend to factor prominently in beta releases, and we want to make sure you're covered.
Getting Started with Revit
Before you can bring your designs between CAD, SketchUp, and Revit, you'll need to complete a few setup steps, as well as get to know our 3D Connection. Here's how to get started.
- Download and install the Land F/X Revit plugin, which drops some essential tools into Revit and allows you to connect with CAD.
- Set up your Revit Library folder, where you'll store all your Revit-related content. Note: This step is also covered in the Revit plugin installation instructions. We've also included specific instructions for the library folder. You'll need to download the library and set the library location.
- Our 3D Connection is included in your Land F/X installation. It allows you to send blocks and layers between CAD, SketchUp, Rhino, and and Revit. Learn how it works and how to use it to turn your CAD drawings into 3D models.
- It's imperative that your units be set correctly and consistently in CAD, SketchUp, Rhino, and Revit. Learn how to set the units in Revit and CAD. (coming soon)
- Set a User Coordinate System (UCS) in your CAD drawing before bringing it into Revit.
- Additional Revit Resources: Need help learning Revit? Find it here. (coming soon)
Did you know that you can use your own custom symbols in our Revit plugin? Find out how.
- Assign a custom Revit symbol to a plant. (coming soon)