Any components and materials that appear in your Revit models will be stored in a library folder. Our Revit plugin requires you to designate a location for this folder. You can set a folder on your hard drive, or on your firm’s network, as your library folder. You may need to create a new folder for this purpose.
You are required to set this library location when installing the Land F/X Revit plugin. To change or set the location of your Revit library, follow the Set Your Revit Library Folder steps in this article.
Are you a new user in an office that already uses Land F/X? You might already have a library location to connect to. Ask your BIM or Land F/X Manager for this location. If you are the manager, continue with the steps below.
Set Your Revit Library Folder
1. If your office has an existing Land F/X Revit Library folder on a shared server, locate it. If not, create one.
We recommend creating a Revit/Library folder path within your office’s Land F/X Server location, such as:
- (Mapped Letter Drive):/LandFX/Revit/Library (where (Mapped Letter Drive) is the drive you've mapped for your office's shared LandFX folder.)
- C:/LandFX/Revit/Library (for Single-User installations)
2. Open the Settings tool in the Land F/X Revit Plugin by clicking the gear icon in the toolbar.
Add-Ins ribbon, Settings button
3. The Land F/X Settings dialog box will open. Click Browse.
4. Browse to your desired library location.
Select your desired location and click OK.
Important: The end folder that contains the Trees and Shrubs folders can only be named Library – not My Library or anything else. You will be unable to access your content if this folder is named anything other than Library.
Here's an example of a correctly set-up Revit library folder path.
5. Close the Land F/X Settings.
You've successfully set your Revit Library location.