- Do You Work in an Office With Multiple Land F/X Users? Read This First!
- Accessing the Preferences Screen
- General Preferences: Overview
- Saving Your Preferences in a Preference Set
- Other Preferences Categories
- Related Webinars
Our Preferences settings allow you to configure our software quickly to work closer to the way you work. Although we recommend reviewing the Preferences early in the process of using our software, you can make changes to the Preferences at any time.
The General Preferences include settings for license information, library location, version number and several other options.
Changing a setting in the Preferences does not affect any existing projects. We engineered this preventive measure to keep users from altering the contents of current projects unintentionally. If you make a change in your Preferences and want to apply it to an existing drawing, you'll need to delete and purge any items that would be affected by the new Preferences settings. When you place these items back in the drawing, the new Preferences will be applied.
Do You Work in an Office With Multiple Land F/X Users? Read This First!
Preferences are saved in what's known as a Preference Set. If you work in an office where multiple people access your installation of our software using an office server or shared online folder, it's extremely important to realize that your office's Preference Sets are shared by everyone. That means if you make changes to an active Preference Set, you're making those changes for everyone who uses that Preference Set. Before delving into changing your Preferences, make sure you have a good understanding of what what Preference Sets are and how they work.
If you're not sure whether you should be making changes to a Preference Set, ask your CAD manager.
General Preferences: Overview
To open the General Preferences screen, open the General flyout from the Planting F/X ribbon in Revit.
Planting F/X ribbon, General flyout
The Preferences screen will open. Ensure that the General tab is selected.
1. License Information: This area displays your Land F/X Support ID and your version of Land F/X. To update to the latest version, follow our update steps.
2. Work with your Land F/X licenses and look up your installation information:
- Use the Release License button to check in or release a Land F/X license. (coming soon)
- Click License to open the License Management screen to manage your Land F/X licenses.
- Click Installation and Server Info to view information about your installation of our software, including your server name and the location of your LandFX folder.
3. Install Information: This area lists your library location for the Planting F/X for Revit plugin and the Version you're currently on.
Click Browse to browse to a new library location.
4. Preference Set: Save a specific set of Preferences to apply to a number of drawings. If you want, you can create and save several Preference Sets.
Saving Your Preferences in a Preference Set
Preferences control the look and feel of your usage of our software to match your office standards. However, some projects may require different preferences, such as those produced for a client whose requirements differ from your office standard. These projects may require different text styles, or callout looks, or schedule setups, different colors, or any of the various items covered in Preferences.
Once you've configured your Preferences, you can save them as a Preference Set. You can create multiple Preference Sets – one for each client, project type, region ... the choice is yours. When starting a job for a particular client, for example, open the Preference Set you've created for that client. Your standards for that client will be applied automatically as you draft.
Preference Set Options
In all three Preferences screens, the Preference Set options are in the bottom left corner.
For detailed information on creating a Preference Set, see our Preference Sets documentation.
Other Preferences Categories
Our Planting F/X Plugin for Revit also includes the other Preferences categories:
- Planting: Customize plant codes and plant labels.
- Plant Sizes: Customize the list of plant sizes, default plant size, the number and type of fields in the schedule, and the default cost for each plant in your project.
- Intro to Planting F/X for Revit Plugin: As always, our goal with this plugin is to bring the planting design learning curve as low as possible. We cover installation, Planting F/X projects, the Plant Manager, plant placement as families or floors, group labels, Verify Labels, instant schedules, and rendering options with our default family library. (1 hr 12 min)
- Revit for Planting Design: We focus on more tools and show how to tackle more complex workflows in Revit with Planting F/X. We go over customizing the defaults, implementing some labeling strategies, editing floor types, and working with multiple views. We also showcase some new tools and review our most recent development progress. (1 hr 3 min)
Revit® is a restricted trademark of Autodesk®.