This guide provides instructions for college or university IT administrators to set up Land F/X software in an AutoCAD workstation lab environment. Once you complete these instructions, you will have a single-user Land F/X installation on each CAD workstation in your lab.
To receive your free Support ID for your university lab installation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your lab-specific Land F/X Support ID*
* Please email email@example.com to receive your lab-specific Support ID. This will not be the same Support ID that your students use for their home computers/laptops.
Workstations in the lab with a compatible version of CAD (full or student license)
Land F/X is compatible with AutoCAD, F/X CAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, or AutoCAD Architecture, version 2013 or newer.
Land F/X is not compatible with AutoCAD LT.
Step 2: Install Land F/X
This is a "single-user" installation. It will install both the FX Server and FX Workstation components on one machine.
For more information, please see our detailed installation instructions.
Step 3 (If Applicable): Install the Land F/X SketchUp Plugin
If your Lab uses SketchUp, download and install the Land F/X SketchUp plugin as well.
Miscellaneous Details if needed:
- Create Registry key to bypass Welcome Screen if lab computers are re-imaged frequently.
- Automatically Create Key by double-clicking reg file: Regedit String Entry
Manually Create Key by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ecografx\Land F/X
- Create a String Entry named WelcomeScreen
- Set the Value to 0
- Create a String Entry named InstallPath
- Set the Value to C:\LandFX
Checklist for Verification:
Installed apps – MySQL Server 5.5, F/X Server, F/X Workstation, Sketchup
Running Service – MySQL
ODBC System DSN entry – configured to 127.0.0.1
AutoCAD, F/X Admin menu > Check for Updates, updated?
F/X Admin menu, Project Files – comes up? Any default projects desired here?
SketchUp – Plugins menu, Land F/X Settings – plugin up to date?