Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation you will need to know:
The location of your LandFX folder: Is it on your computer or on a central office server?
If your LandFX folder is on a central office server, what is the name of your database server?
Run the workstation installer to:
Install Land F/X on a workstation in an office where Land F/X is already installed on a central server.
Change the ribbon panels (F/X Details, F/X Planting, F/X Irrigation, etc.) that are visible in your installation.
Repair a problem with your existing Land F/X installation.
The following issues can be resolved by running the workstation installer:
You receive an "Unknown Command" or "Functionality is locked until Land F/X is loaded" error message when attempting to use one of the Land F/X tools.
You do not see your Land F/X menus in CAD.
Your Land F/X icons appear as question marks.
Your Land F/X icons are outdated (missing the Color Render tool, etc.).
You receive the following error message: Arx missing: C/programfilesx86/openDCL Internal stack limit reached.
Running the latest installer does not require you to uninstall Land F/X.
Issues and errors?
Step 2: Download installer and place it in your LandFX folder
1. Right-click the Workstation Installer (Setup64.exe) download link below.
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that appears, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 5 to 10 minutes for the download to complete.
Updated July 28 2017
2. Find the setup64.exe file you just downloaded, and drag it into your LandFX folder, replacing the existing one.
If your LandFX folder is on an office server, drag and drop the installer file (setup64.exe) into the LandFX folder on your server.
3. Run the setup64.exe file from your LandFX folder.
Does your server have an X through it? Just double-click it and restart CAD. The X will go away, and you'll be able to open your server.
Step 3: Start the installer
1. Take a look inside your LandFX folder. Does it contain a file named LandFX.vlx?
2. Open the setup64.exe file in your LandFX folder and follow the instructions to install Land F/X.
If you receive a Program Maintenance message asking whether you want to Modify, Repair, or Remove the program, select Repair and click Next. Do not select Modify.
• You have Land F/X installed on an office server, but you don't see the letter drive that contains your LandFX folder.Solution: Point the Land F/X installer to that letter drive.
• Error 1327: Invalid Drive, or "That does not appear to be the LandFX folder."Solution: Follow the steps linked here.
• You're unable to connect to the server.Solution: Follow the troubleshooting instructions linked here.
The system should automatically configure your AutoCAD installation correctly and load the menus.
3. Open CAD. If your Land F/X tools are working correctly and you are able to see your F/X menus, you have installed Land F/X successfully.
Additional issues or errors? Solutions >
Still experiencing your original issue or error?
If you ran our Workstation installer to fix a particular issue or error message, and that issue or error is still occurring, the problem is likely in your AutoCAD configuration. If you're still seeing the original issue that brought you to this page in the first place, you can resolve the issue by completing the following two steps:
Issues and errors
Don't see your Land F/X menus in CAD?
Land F/X icons still appearing as question marks?
Still getting an Unknown Command message?
Error: Functionality is Locked Until Land F/X is Loaded
Error: F/X CAD Cannot Function Without Land F/X Installed Correctly
Is the _menus_ folder missing from C:\Program Files\LandFX after you've run the installer file (setup64)?
Need to install the workstation manually?
Do you have a 32-bit computer?Solution: Install the Land F/X Workstation manually.
Other errors or issues?