More and more firms have begun using drones to take aerial photos of sites they've designed, or plan to design. Drones can achieve more accurate, up-to-date, and high-resolution images of your sites than other methods.
Our Drone Recommendations
- DJI Mavic Pro: Excellent entry-level drone that's user friendly, has an excellent camera, and is extremely portable – it folds up to the size of a brick. $999
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2: Providing better image quality than the Mavic Pro, this model offers low-light performance and is more stable in higher winds and slightly longer flight times. $1,499
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro: Similar specs to the Phantom 4 Pro v2 but captures images in 10-bit color due to the Hasselblad camera, trades ultra-portability for some video performance, and records 4k at 30fps vs. 60fps for the Phantom. $1,499
- DJI Inspire 2: Excellent videography drone – a good choice if you have multiple uses. $2,999
- DJI Phantom 4 RTK: Offers precision drone mapping at a 1/3 the price of the nearest competitor, creates survey grade maps, produces accurate measurements within 1 to 3 cm in the X & Y axes and 5 cm in Z. $6,500
Learn more about the use of drones for site photography by watching our Using Drones to Prepare Your Site Plan webinar.