Need to choose a shared online folder service to use with Land F/X? Here's a list of several shared folder services with a checklist of each services's compatibility with some requirements and integral features of our software.
Why install Land F/X on a shared online folder?
Installing on a shared online location is a great option because it:
- Allows you to share files and data seamlessly with colleagues anywhere in the world.
- Requires zero overhead.
- Provides a great backup system.
- Involves very little time and effort to configure.
- Want to learn more about shared online folders and see our recommendations for using one with Land F/X? Check out our Working with a Shared Online Folder webinar.
- Our software will not work with Microsoft's Distributed File System (DFS) or any other cloud file service where files are not hosted locally as well.
- We've seen issues with Microsoft OneDrive Sync in conjunction with SharePoint. Historically, the issue has been that Land F/X won't function properly without a real-time sync of the LandFX folder. OneDrive by itself has proven to achieve this goal adequately, but when it's combined with SharePoint, the sync becomes unreliable. Further, we've had reports that there is no way to force a sync.
- We no longer recommend Carbonite as a shared online service to use with our software, as it does not allow the real-time sync required for proper operation.
Ready to reap the many benefits of using Land F/X with a shared online folder?