Need to choose a shared online folder service to use with Land F/X? Here's a list of several shared folder services with a checklist of each services's compatibility with some requirements and integral features of our software.
Why install Land F/X on a shared online folder?
Installing on a shared online location is a great option because it:
- Allows you to share files and data seamlessly with colleagues anywhere in the world.
- Requires zero overhead.
- Provides a great backup system.
- Involves very little time and effort to configure.
Shared online services we do not recommend:
Over time, we have observed continued incompatibility with the OneDrive platform for several reaons, including:
- Inconsistent sync times
- Color Render dialog boxes loading empty because the necessary files could not be created at runtime
- Duplicate folders
- Our detail system not working correctly
Because of the wide range of issues that seem to come and go with updates, such as those listed above, we do not recommend the use of OneDrive to host our software.
We no longer recommend Carbonite as a shared online service to use with our software, as it does not allow the real-time sync required for proper operation.
Microsoft's Distributed File System (DFS) & similar services:
Our software will not work with Microsoft's Distributed File System (DFS) or any other cloud file service where files are not hosted locally as well.
Ready to reap the many benefits of using Land F/X with a shared online folder? See the following resources: