Here is a list of problems our tech support team has encountered with specific year versions of AutoCAD – along with their solutions.
- (F/X CAD 2020 users) License checkout timed out. What do you want to do?: Follow our steps to change your F/X CAD license type.
- Installation incomplete. Some products failed to install. (F/X CAD or AutoCAD) 2020 did not install (error code: 1603) when installing F/X CAD or AutoCAD 2020: Solution.
- Background mask of items such as irrigation heads comes in a the top, above the text, or other issues with draw order: Run the 2019.1 update.
- The name of an Xref reverts from uppercase to lowercase after the file has been renamed in Windows Explorer: Official Autodesk solution
The following are all issues that were resolved in the first AutoCAD 2018 update:
- Land F/X can’t create schedules or labels through an Xref (broken data link through an xref).
- Occasional crashes after using the PDFCLIP command
- Occasional crashes when right clicking the DWG from the Start tab
- Occasional crashes when saving to the AutoCAD 2004 DWG format or earlier
- Product no longer hangs on Windows 10 when copying objects between 2018 and 2017 versions
- Crossing window and fence selection can select objects that are not on the current UCS XY plane
- Digital Signature Warning dialog box does not display on every save or autosave operation
- Plot preview performance improved on some DWGs
To resolve any of the issues listed above, install the update using the Autodesk desktop app.