Here is a list of problems our tech support team has encountered with specific year versions of AutoCAD – along with their solutions.
- Issues with draw order: Contact your AutoCAD reseller to receive the product update.
- The name of an Xref reverts from uppercase to lowercase after the file has been renamed in Windows Explorer: Official Autodesk solution
The following are all issues that were resolved in the first AutoCAD 2018 update:
- Land F/X can’t create schedules or labels through an Xref (broken data link through an xref).
- Occasional crashes after using the PDFCLIP command
- Occasional crashes when right clicking the DWG from the Start tab
- Occasional crashes when saving to the AutoCAD 2004 DWG format or earlier
- Product no longer hangs on Windows 10 when copying objects between 2018 and 2017 versions
- Crossing window and fence selection can select objects that are not on the current UCS XY plane
- Digital Signature Warning dialog box does not display on every save or autosave operation
- Plot preview performance improved on some DWGs
To resolve any of the issues listed above, install the update using the Autodesk desktop app.