You don't have Wi-Fi access, but you need to use Land F/X. (Land F/X requires an Internet connection.) Whether you're traveling or experiencing a power outage, you can tether your phone (in other words, use your phone as a mobile hot spot)to create an Internet connection and use it to run Land F/X.
Keep in mind that not all carriers allow tethering. Also note that tethering will use your mobile data – lots of it – and will likely drain your battery quickly if you don't have your phone charging while you tether.
Tether an iPhone
To use your iPhone as a mobile hotspot for running Land F/X, you'll need to have:
- A mobile carrier that supports the Personal Hotspot application. Find out here whether your carrier supports Personal Hotspot.
A device that will support the Personal Hotspot application. These include:
- iPhone 3G or newer
- Third-generation iPad or newer with Wi-Fi and cellular capabilities
- iPad mini with Wi-Fi and cellular capabilities
1. If your carrier supports tethering, you'll have a Personal Hotspot app on your phone.
Depending on your phone and carrier, you can locate Personal Hotspot by tapping Settings.
On some phones, you may also need to tap Cellular as well.
Tap Personal Hotspot to go into the app.
2. Turn Personal Hotspot on.
You may also want to change your Wi-Fi password, as others may be able to see your network.
You can now use your iPhone as a mobile hotspot to run Land F/X.
Tether an Android
1. Open your Android's Settings app.
2. Under Wireless & Networks, tap More.
|3. Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.|
4. You'll now have three options for tethering your phone:
Tap the method you want to use for tethering your phone. We recommend Wi-Fi hotspot.
USB tethering is not available with Mac computers.
5. If you select Wi-Fi hotspot and need to configure your hotspot network, tap Set up Wi-Fi hotspot and fill out the necessary information.
Check to ensure your Wi-Fi hotspot is turned On when you need to go online.