You received the following error message:
Error 1606: Could not access network location (old server name)
where "(old server name)" is the name of your former server
You might receive this error message when attempting to:
- Run the setup64.exe file from your LandFX folder
- Uninstall the application FXWorkstation
As a result of the error, you may be unable to complete the process you're attempting.
This issue will occur if you have previously had a Land F/X plugin installed on an old server that is no longer available. The installer or uninstaller is referencing old registry key settings in Windows.
1. Download the zip file linked below.
2. Double-click the downloaded file, which will create a folder. Open that folder.
3. Run the file contained in that folder to clean your computer of the old registry keys.
Still getting the error? Download and run Microsoft’s tool to Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed. Use the Uninstall function to remove any F/X Workstation items you find in the list. These functions require root level permissions in Windows, so you may need to enter Administrator Credentials, or log on as an administrator. Need help? Contact your IT manager.