You need to uninstall and/or reinstall Land F/X.
Important: Only certain situations call for uninstalling Land F/X. Before you uninstall, make absolute sure that you actually need to uninstall Land F/X. For example, many common issues with the software simply require you to download and install the latest Land F/X Workstation installer. This does not require you to uninstall Land F/X. In fact, uninstalling and reinstalling Land F/X can lead to a whole new set of issues.
1. Follow our steps to back up your Land F/X data.
2. Open your computer's Control Panel.
Windows 10 Users
Select Programs and Features.
Windows 7 Users
Select Uninstall a Program under the Programs heading.
4. In the Uninstall or change a program dialog box, uninstall the following components by selecting them and clicking Uninstall:
- F/X Server
- F/X Workstation
- MySQL Server
- MySQL Connector/ODBC
Important: You may see several versions of MySQL Connector/ODBC, such as 5.1, 5.3, etc. Take care to uninstall all versions.
5. Rename the LandFX folder on your C: drive to LandFXold.
6. Open the folder C:/Program Files (x86), and delete the subfolder MySQL.
7. Follow our steps to view hidden files and folders.
8. Once your hidden folders are visible, open the folder C:/ProgramData, and delete the subfolder MySQL.
You won't be able to see the ProgramData folder unless you have your hidden files and folders enabled (Step 7 above).
9. Restart your computer. You've uninstalled Land F/X successfully.
10. If you need to reinstall Land F/X, you can now proceed to our installation guide.