- Why beta, and what does it mean for you?
- How to install the Revit plugin
- Update the Revit plugin
- Uninstall the Revit plugin
Our Revit Connection plugin has arrived! You can now bring your CAD designs into Autodesk Revit.
Because it's an add-on, Land F/X is not compatible with Revit LT, which, just like AutoCAD LT, doesn’t allow add-ons.
Much like our SketchUp and Rhino plugins, our Revit Connection allows you to import your 2D design into Revit while maintaining your exact placements and dimensions from CAD. We decided to give you early access to this exciting new tool available as a beta version.
Why beta, and what does it mean for you?
We wanted to allow access to our Revit plugin as soon as we could, as a beta version. What does that mean for you? It means you have the chance to be part of the development process. Although we won't be able to offer full support for the Revit plugin, you'll be able to help us discover and work out some of the inevitable kinks.
As with all our products, we invite you to send us a technical support ticket to let us know about any issues you encounter. Keep in mind that our development team will likely need more time than usual to build a solution.
Get help from other users
Although we'll provide as much support for the Revit plugin as possible, it's always a good idea to reach out to other Land F/X users who have opted to br Revit trailblazers. We encourage you to use our Community Forum to ask questions. Another user may have run into the same issue and may be able to help. Forum posts tend to factor prominently in beta releases, and we want to make sure you're covered.
Revit installed (support for Revit 2018 & 2019).
Note: Revit is a separate program you need to purchase and download from Autodesk.
Using a Mac? Install Revit for Windows on a virtual machine using a program such as Parallels.
How to install the Revit plugin
Our Revit plugin is only available for Windows machines at this time. Here's how to install it:
1. Right-click the installer link below.
2. Select Save Link As or Save Target As from the menu. Save the file to your desktop.
3. Locate the downloaded Revit installer zip file on your desktop, and double-click it to extract it.
4. Copy all contents of the resulting folder to the location %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/2019/ (Revit 2019) or %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/2018/ (Revit 2018).
%appdata% is a shortcut for the folder C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming.
5. Open Revit.
6. If you see a security popup like the one pictured to the right, click Always Load.
7. Once you open a drawing (blank or otherwise), you should see the Land F/X 3D Connection for Revit tools in your Add-Ins ribbon.
8. Click the gear icon to open the settings.
9. Assign a library location for your Revit content.
We recommend creating a Revit/Library folder path within your office’s Land F/X Server location, such as:
- (Mapped Letter Drive):/LandFX/Revit/Library (where (Mapped Letter Drive) is the drive you've mapped for your office's shared LandFX folder.)
- C:/LandFX/Revit/Library (for Single-User installations)
10.Input your company’s Support ID. This will be the same Support ID you use for the AutoCAD or F/X CAD Land F/X add-on.
Update the Revit plugin
1. Download the latest version.
2. Copy the contents of that downloaded folder to the folder %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/2019/ (Revit 2019) or %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/2019/ (Revit 2018), overwriting any existing files.
3. Open Revit, and confirm the new version in your Land F/X 3D Connection for Revit settings window.
Uninstall the Revit plugin
To uninstall our Revit plugin:
1. to the folder %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/2019/ (Revit 2019) or %appdata%/Autodesk/Revit/Addins/2019/ (Revit 2018).
2. Delete all items within that folder that include LandFX in their names – including folders.