Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
Your Serial Number and Product Key*.
The location where you will be storing your LandFX folder.
This folder will contain all data associated with your Land F/X installation and projects. In most cases, we recommend keeping our default location for your LandFX folder – directly on your C: drive (C:/LandFX).
*You or your office will have received your Support ID, Serial Number, and Product Key in an email from Land F/X.
If you are unsure of any of these items, please contact your IT administrator.
• As an AutoCAD installation, F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly. Take a look at our system requirements for F/X CAD.
• Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install Parallels and and a Windows operating system first.
• Before installing F/X CAD 2017, it's a good idea to verify that you do not already have AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2017 installed on your computer – even a trial version. Follow our instructions to check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
Step 2: Download and Extract the Installer
Right-click the F/X CAD 2017 Installer download link below.
F/X CAD 2017 Installer - 64 Bit Only (1.3 GB)
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
At this point, you might see the following message: Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC? If so, click Yes.
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation? Troubleshooting steps >
Step 4: Install Land F/X
|Welcome Screen: Click Next.|
|Land F/X License Agreement: Scroll down and select I Accept if you agree. Then click Next.|
Support ID: Enter your Land F/X Support ID.
You can find your Support ID in the Trial Approval or Purchase email you received from Land F/X.
|Product Activated: Click OK.|
Destination Folder: This folder path will become the location where all your Land F/X data and projects are stored.
Database Installation: Select Cloud Data or Local Data, then click Next.
In most cases, you'll select the Local Data option. For a breakdown of these two database installation types, including pros and cons of each, please see our Cloud vs. Local Data page.
We highly recommend selecting the Cloud Data option at this point.
Not sure which option to select? Ask your system administrator.
|Ready to Install the Program: Click Install.|
|InstallShield Wizard Completed: Click Finish.|
Step 5: Open F/X CAD and License (Activate) Your Installation
1. Open F/X CAD.
2. The Let's Get Started screen (pictured to the right) will pop up within your F/X CAD window.
Select Enter a Serial Number.
3. When you open F/X CAD, you should see a dialog box named Autodesk Licensing.
Click I Agree to start the licensing process.
4. Follow our instructions to license (activate) your installation of F/X CAD 2017.
While waiting for your Activation Code, you can continue to use the software in trial mode.
Once you receive the email with your Activation Code, you can license (activate) your F/X CAD installation.For information on licensing (activating) your installation, and to see more screenshots of the process, please visit landfx.com/activate.
• Issue: Error message: This Product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your Land F/X installation, then restart CAD.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the setup64/setup.exe file.
• Issue: Don't see your Land F/X menus when you open CAD?Solution: Load the Land F/X menus manually >
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.