The following steps are for installing F/X CAD 2015 on a computer that already has Land F/X software installed.
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
Your Serial Number and Product Key*.
*You or your office will have received your Support ID, Serial Number, and Product Key in an email from Land F/X.
The current location of your LandFX folder, as well as where you plan to store it.
Our default location for your LandFX folder is your C: drive (C:/LandFX). If you're installing in an office with multiple Land F/X users, your LandFX folder will likely be on your central office server. More information >
Need to locate your existing LandFX folder? Here's how >
As an AutoCAD installation, F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly.
Take a look at our system requirements for F/X CAD.
Installing F/X CAD 2015 in an office that uses Land F/X software on a central server or shared folder and has multiple Land F/X users?
If so, the installation steps on this page will need to be performed locally on each individual Land F/X workstation.
Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install Parallels and and a Windows operating system first.
Before installing F/X CAD 2015, it's a good idea to verify that you do not already have AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2015 installed on your computer – even a trial version.
Follow our instructions to check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
As part of our licensing agreement with Autodesk, F/X CAD requires a licensed Land F/X installation.
If you do not have a Land F/X license, you will be unable to use F/X CAD until you obtain one.
If you are unsure of any of these items, please contact your IT administrator.
Step 2: Download and Extract the Installer
Right-click the F/X CAD 2015 Installer download link below.
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
F/X CAD 2015 Installer - 64 Bit Only (1.1 GB)
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation? Troubleshooting steps >
Step 4: Install Land F/X Workstation
|Welcome Screen: Click Next.|
|License Agreement: Scroll down and select Accept if you agree. Click Next.|
In most cases the default location, C:\LandFX, is correct for a "Standalone" installation. If this loction is correct, click Next.
Error message: Could not connect to database 'landfx' on server XXXXXX with user 'ODBC'. Continue anyway? Solution >
Don't know the location of your LandFX folder? Click the Can't locate your LandFX folder? button.
Don't see the letter drive where your LandFX folder is located? Solution >
Ready to Install the Program: Click Install.
Please allow a few minutes for the installation to complete.
|InstallShield Wizard Completed: Click Finish.|
• Issue: Error message: This Product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your Land F/X installation, then restart CAD.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the setup64/setup.exe file.
• Issue: Don't see your Land F/X menus when you open CAD?Solution: Load the Land F/X menus manually >
Step 5: Open F/X CAD and get started
5A. Open F/X CAD. The Let's Get Started screen will pop up within your F/X CAD window.
Getting a blank screen when you open F/X CAD? You can just close it. You won't see this screen again once you activate. More information >
5B. If you don't already have an Autodesk account, you'll need to open one at this point.
5C. Get started using F/X CAD:
- Installing an F/X CAD license you've purchased? Follow our instructions to license (activate) F/X CAD 2015.
While waiting for your Activation Code, you can continue to use F/X CAD in trial mode.
- Installing an F/X CAD trial? Click Sign in. Sign into your Autodesk account, and start your trial. Note that the Let's Get Started screen will pop up each time you open F/X CAD until you click start a trial.
• Issue: Error message: This product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your installation, then restart F/X CAD.
• Issue: When you open F/X CAD, do you not see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus?
2. Still don't see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus? Get the latest Land FX ribbons.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?
Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the file setup64.
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.
Step 6: Migrate your settings and uninstall any older versions
For F/X CAD to function correctly, it's a good idea to uninstall all previous versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD from your computer – after you migrate your personal settings from that version.
6A. Follow our instructions to migrate your AutoCAD or F/X CAD settings.
6B. Open your Start menu, and select Control Panel.
6C. Select Programs, or Programs and Services. Then select Add or Remove Program.
6D. Double-click the logo for your existing AutoCAD or F/X CAD installation.
When the file opens, select Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
For more detailed steps, please see our Uninstall AutoCAD or F/X CAD page.
- Your installation includes the Land F/X Welcome DWG, which includes some helpful initial instructions and links. To open it, double-click the Launch Land F/X icon from your desktop.
- Our Land F/X Trainer is a collection of brief, step-by-step videos that will help you get started using Land F/X.
- We also have an extensive documentation section covering everything you need to know about our software.