The following steps are for installing F/X CAD 2016 on a computer that already has Land F/X installed.
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
Your Serial Number and Product Key*.
*You or your office will have received your Support ID, Serial Number, and Product Key in an email from Land F/X.
The current location of your LandFX folder, as well as where you plan to store it.
Our default location for your LandFX folder is your C: drive (C:/LandFX). If you're installing in an office with multiple Land F/X users, your LandFX folder will likely be on your central office server. More information >
Need to locate your existing LandFX folder? Here's how >
As an AutoCAD installation, F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly.
Take a look at our system requirements for F/X CAD.
Installing F/X CAD 2016 in an office that uses Land F/X on a central server or shared folder and has multiple Land F/X users?
If so, the installation steps on this page will need to be performed locally on each individual Land F/X workstation.
Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install Parallels and and a Windows operating system first.
Before installing F/X CAD 2016, it's a good idea to verify that you do not already have AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2016 installed on your computer – even a trial version.
Follow our instructions to check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
As part of our licensing agreement with Autodesk, F/X CAD requires a Land F/X license.
If you do not have a Land F/X, Design F/X, or Irrigation F/X license, you will be unable to use F/X CAD until you obtain one.
Step 2: Download and Extract the Installer
Right-click the F/X CAD 2016 Installer download link below.
F/X CAD 2016 Installer - 64 Bit Only (1.1 GB)
Updated December 08, 2017
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
Make sure the following two options are checked:
F/X CAD 2016
Land F/X Workstation
Then click Install.
F/X CAD will now begin to install. Please allow between 5 and 20 minutes for the installation to complete.
F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation? Troubleshooting steps >
Step 4: Install Land F/X Workstation
|Welcome Screen: Click Next.|
|License Agreement: Scroll down and select Accept if you agree. Click Next.|
In most cases, the default location, C:\LandFX, is correct for a "Standalone" installation. If this location is correct, click Next.
Error message: Could not connect to database 'landfx' on server XXXXXX with user 'ODBC'. Continue anyway? Solution >
Don't know the location of your LandFX folder? Click the Can't locate your LandFX folder? button.
Don't see the letter drive where Land F/X is located? Solution >
Ready to Install the Program: Click Install.
Please allow a few minutes for the installation to complete.
|InstallShield Wizard Completed: Click Finish.|
• Issue: Error message: This Product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your Land F/X installation, then restart CAD.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the setup64/setup.exe file.
• Issue: Don't see your Land F/X menus when you open CAD?Solution: Load the Land F/X menus manually >
Step 5: Open F/X CAD and get started
5A. Open F/X CAD. The Let's Get Started screen will pop up within your F/X CAD window.
Getting a blank screen when you open F/X CAD? You can just close it. You won't see this screen again once you activate. More information >
5B. If you don't already have an Autodesk account, you'll need to open one at this point.
5C. Get started using F/X CAD:
- Installing an F/X CAD license you've purchased? Follow our instructions to license (activate) F/X CAD 2016.
While waiting for your Activation Code, you can continue to use F/X CAD in trial mode.
- Installing an F/X CAD trial? Click Sign in. Sign into your Autodesk account, and start your trial. Note that the Let's Get Started screen will pop up each time you open F/X CAD until you click start a trial.
• Issue: Error message: This product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your installation, then restart F/X CAD.
• Issue: When you open F/X CAD, do you not see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus?
2. Still don't see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus? Get the latest Land FX ribbons.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?
Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the file setup64.
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.
Step 6: Migrate your settings and uninstall any older versions
For F/X CAD to function correctly, it's a good idea to uninstall all previous versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD from your computer – after you migrate your personal settings from that version.
6A. Follow our instructions to migrate your AutoCAD or F/X CAD settings.
6B. Open your Start menu, and select Control Panel.
6C. Select Programs, or Programs and Services. Then select Add or Remove Program.
6D. Double-click the logo for your existing AutoCAD or F/X CAD installation.
When the file opens, select Uninstall. Follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
For more detailed steps, please see our Uninstall AutoCAD or F/X CAD page.
- Your installation includes the Land F/X Welcome DWG, which includes some helpful initial instructions and links. To open it, double-click the Launch Land F/X icon from your desktop.
- Our Land F/X Trainer is a collection of brief, step-by-step videos that will help you get started using Land F/X.
- We also have an extensive documentation section covering everything you need to know about our software.