Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
Your Serial Number and Product Key*.
The location where you will be storing your LandFX folder.
This folder will contain all data associated with your Land F/X installation and projects. In most cases, we recommend keeping our default location for your LandFX folder – directly on your C: drive (C:/LandFX).
*You or your office will have received your Support ID, Serial Number, and Product Key in an email from Land F/X.
If you are unsure of any of these items, please contact your IT administrator.
• As an AutoCAD installation, F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly. Take a look at our system requirements for F/X CAD.
• Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install Parallels and and a Windows operating system first.
• Before installing F/X CAD 2016, it's a good idea to verify that you do not already have AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2016 installed on your computer – even a trial version. Follow our instructions to check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
• Are you installing in an office that will have multiple Land F/X users? If so, you most likely need a Multi-User installation. The steps on this page will result in a Single-User installation, which can cause problems in offices with multiple Land F/X users.
Step 2: Download and Extract the Installer
Right-click the F/X CAD 2016 Installer download link below.
F/X CAD 2016 Installer - 64 Bit Only (1.1 GB)
Updated June 06 2017
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
At this point, you might see the following message: Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC? If so, click Yes.
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation? Troubleshooting steps >
Step 4: Install Land F/X
|Welcome Screen: Click Next.|
|Land F/X License Agreement: Scroll down and select I Accept if you agree. Then click Next.|
Support ID: Enter your Land F/X Support ID.
You can find your Support ID in the Trial Approval or Purchase email you received from Land F/X.
|Product Activated: Click OK.|
Destination Folder: This folder path will become the location where all your Land F/X data and projects are stored.
Database Installation: Select either Cloud Data or Local Data and click Next.
Which to choose?
We recommend Cloud Data for firms with a fast and reliable Internet connection, as well as offices with employees who plan to work remotely on home computers or laptops.
If your office does not have a reliable Internet connection, we recommend selecting Local Data.
For more information on Cloud and Local data, see our pages on:
Still not sure which to choose? Ask your IT administrator.
|Ready to Install the Program: Click Install.|
|InstallShield Wizard Completed: Click Finish.|
Step 5: License (Activate) your F/X CAD Installation
Follow our instructions to license your installation of F/X CAD 2016.
While waiting for your Activation Code, you can continue to use the software in trial mode.
Once you receive the email with your Activation Code, you can license (activate) your F/X CAD installation.For information on licensing (activating) your installation, and to see more screenshots of the process, please visit landfx.com/activate.
• Issue: Error message: This Product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your Land F/X installation, then restart CAD.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the setup64/setup.exe file.
• Issue: Don't see your Land F/X menus when you open CAD?Solution: Load the Land F/X menus manually >
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.