The following steps will install a trial of F/X CAD 2019 and Land F/X – including the Irrigation, Planting, Site, and Details tools – using Cloud Data.
Important: F/X CAD is our version of AutoCAD for Land F/X users.
If you are planning to use Land F/X with an existing AutoCAD installation on your computer, follow our installation steps for either:
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
*You will have received your Support ID in an email from Land F/X.
The location where you will be storing your LandFX folder.
This folder will contain all data associated with your Land F/X installation and projects. More information >
As an AutoCAD installation, F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly.
Take a look at our system requirements.
Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install virtual software such as Parallels or VMware Fusion and a Windows operating system first.
Before installing F/X CAD 2019, verify that you do not have:
- AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2019 installed on your computer – even a trial version. Check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2019.
- A previous version of the Land F/X Workstation installer on your computer. Check for and uninstall the Land F/X Workstation installer.
This installation is available as a 30-day trial. We are unable to offer extensions.
Step 2: Download and extract the installer
2A. Right-click the F/X CAD 2019 Installer download link below.
F/X CAD 2019 Express Installer - 64 Bit Only (1.12 GB)
Updated May 31, 2019
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
2B. Go to your desktop, and double-click the file fxcad2019.64.express.
If you clicked the download link directly, this file will likely be in your Downloads folder.
At this point, you might see the following message: Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC?
If so, click Yes.
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation? Troubleshooting steps >
Step 4: Install Land F/X
4A. You'll now be brought to the Land F/X installer. Proceed through the installation steps, paying special attention to the screens pictured below.
4B. Enter your Support ID* when prompted.
*You or your office will have received your Support ID in an email from Land F/X.
"The Wizard was interrupted"
Did you receive this error after entering your Support ID? Solution >
4C. Destination Folder
During the Destination Folder step, you'll be asked where to install the LandFX folder. Our installer will create this folder automatically in the location you choose.
Click Change to select a location for the LandFX folder.
The LandFX folder will need to be shared on your network, so make sure it's in an appropriate shared location and your users have full read-write permissions for that location.
Click Next when finished.
- This location needs to be accessible through a mapped letter drive on all workstations. How to map a letter drive to your LandFX folder >
- Do you have many remote users? Consider putting the LandFX folder in a shared online location using a third-party service such as Dropbox, Google Backup and Sync, Onedrive, or something similar.
Step 5: Open F/X CAD and get started
5A. Open F/X CAD.
You should see the Autodesk Licensing screen, pictured to the right.
Click I agree to agree to the privacy statement.
Installing as a trial? You can click Run to begin using F/X CAD.
If you've purchased F/X CAD, proceed to our steps to activate F/X CAD 2019.
Important: Once you begin using F/X CAD or click Activate, your F/X CAD installation will lock after 30 days unless you complete the entire activation process.
• Issue: Error message: This product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your installation, then restart F/X CAD.
• Issue: When you open F/X CAD, do you not see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus?
2. Still don't see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus? Get the latest Land FX ribbons.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?
Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the file setup64.
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.
Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.