The following steps will install a trial of F/X CAD 2023 and Land F/X – including the Irrigation, Planting, Site, and Details tools – using Cloud Data.
If you're planning to use Land F/X with an existing AutoCAD installation on your computer, follow our steps to install Land F/X with Cloud Data
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
*You will have received your Support ID in an email from Land F/X.
The location where you will be storing your LandFX folder.
This folder will contain all data associated with your Land F/X installation and projects. More information
F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly.
Take a look at our system requirements.
Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install virtual software such as Parallels or VMware Fusion and a Windows operating system first.
Before installing F/X CAD 2023, verify that you do not have:
- AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2023 installed on your computer – even a trial version. Check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2023.
- A previous version of the Land F/X Workstation installer on your computer. Check for and uninstall the Land F/X Workstation installer.
This installation is available as a 30-day trial. We are unable to offer extensions.
Step 2: Download and extract the installer
2A. Right-click the F/X CAD 2023 Express Installer download link below.
F/X CAD 2023 Installer - 64 bit Only (3.21GB)
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
2B. Go to your desktop, and double-click the file fxcad2023.express.exe.
If you clicked the download link directly, this file will likely be in your Downloads folder.
At this point, you might see the following message: Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your PC?
If so, click Yes.
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
3A. You'll be prompted to enter your Land F/X Support ID*.
*You or your office will have received your Support ID in an email from Land F/X.
Copy and paste your Support ID into the text field shown to the right, then click Next.
Don't know your Support ID, or not sure if you have one? Click Don't know your Support ID?
If you clicked Don't know your Support ID?, you'll be brought to the dialog box shown to the right.
If you have an account with us, enter your email address associated with that account in the text field, and click Submit. We'll email your Support ID to that address. After verifying that you've received that email message, click Next.
If you're new to Land F/X and don't have an account yet, click Trial Request to request a trial of our software.
3B. You'll now see a screen showing your F/X CAD license type: Standalone (i.e., purchased) or Trial. Click Next.
If you want, you can click Switch to Trial or Switch to Purchased, or use this link to find out how to change your license type. However, you can just continue with the installation at this point and, if necessary, change your license type after installing.
F/X Workstation is already installed. Please uninstall it from Programs and Features.
Did you receive this message, and the installer cancelled and closed? Here's what to do:
1. Uninstall the Land F/X Workstation component.
2. Double-click the F/X CAD installer file (fxcad2023.64.exe) again, and install F/X CAD. You should now be able to complete the installation.
Other errors or issues?
- F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation Troubleshooting steps
- A red "NO" sign to the left of the F/X CAD checkbox Solution
- Please install DirectX before installing AutoCAD 2023 Solution
- Error message containing the text /SecondRun and /FirstRunThreadld Solution
- Install Incomplete. Please click the link to open a webpage to wrap up your installation before continuing. Solution
- Menus not loaded. We were unable to automatically set the appropriate menus for this F/X CAD installation. Please click the link below to visit our guide to do so. Solution
- Unable to Set License Type. F/X CAD Prep failed to set the License Type automatically. You will need to select Enter a Serial Number on license selection dialog manually. Solution
Step 4: Install Land F/X
4A. You'll now be brought to the Land F/X installer. Proceed through the installation steps, paying special attention to the screens pictured below.
4B. Enter your Support ID* when prompted.
*You or your office will have received your Support ID in an email from Land F/X.
"The Wizard was interrupted"
Did you see this error after entering your Support ID? Solution
4C. File Location and License Terms
During the File Location and License Terms step, you'll be asked where to install the LandFX folder. Our installer will create this folder automatically in the location you choose.
The default option is C:\LandFX\ – the C: drive on your computer.
- Single-User installations: You can choose the default location or click Change to browse to a new location.
- Multi-User installations: Click Change and select a location for the LandFX folder.
Multi-User installations: The LandFX folder will need to be shared on your network, so make sure it's in an appropriate shared location and your users have full read-write permissions for that location.
Check the box to agree with the License terms and conditions, then click Next when finished.
More information on the LandFX folder and where to place it
- This location needs to be accessible through a mapped letter drive on all workstations. How to map a letter drive to your LandFX folder
- Don't see the letter drive for your LandFX folder when browsing? Here's what to do.
- Do you have many remote users? Consider putting the LandFX folder in a shared online location using a third-party service such as Dropbox, Google Backup and Sync, Onedrive, or something similar.
Step 5: Open F/X CAD and get started
5A. You'll be prompted to sign to your Autodesk account when you open F/X CAD. Sign in to your account and click Next, or click CREATE ACCOUNT to create a new Autodesk account.
At this point, you'll see a message that you are not licensed for this version of F/X CAD.
5C. In the next screen, click Activate to begin activating F/X CAD 2023.
If you've purchased F/X CAD, we've sent a request to Autodesk for your custom Serial Number and Product Key. We will email you these items upon receiving them. Please allow up to 48 hours after your purchase to receive this email.
To use F/X CAD 2023 in trial mode temporarily while waiting for your activation information, follow our steps to change your F/X CAD license type to Trial. You can then use the same steps to change back to the Serial Number license type after you've received your activation email and are ready to activate.
On how many computers can you install one license of F/X CAD 2023?
Please also note that Autodesk has stepped up its enforcement of the policy that one license of F/X CAD 2023 is only to be installed on one person's work computer and home computer or laptop, and only one of these installations may be used at a time by that person. When a purchase happens for F/X CAD 2023, whether it is an upgrade or first-time purchase, 1 license = 1 serial number = 2 installations (home or laptop) per user. More information
You might see the Let's Get Started screen, pictured below, instead of the Autodesk Licensing screen.
- Click Sign in with your Autodesk ID to run F/X CAD in trial mode.
F/X CAD 2023 will only function in trial mode if you're logged in to an Autodesk account. Don't have an account? You can create one for free.
- Click Enter a serial number to begin activating F/X CAD 2023.
• Issue: Error message: This product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your installation, then restart F/X CAD.
• Issue: When you open F/X CAD, do you not see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus?
1. Load the Land F/X menus manually.
2. Still don't see your Land F/X ribbons, tools, or menus? Get the latest Land FX ribbons.
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.
Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.
Step 6: Migrate your settings and uninstall any older versions
For F/X CAD to function correctly, it's a good idea to uninstall all previous versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD from your computer – after you migrate your personal settings from that version.
6A. Follow our instructions to migrate your AutoCAD or F/X CAD settings.
6B. Open your Start menu, and select Control Panel.
6C. Select Programs, or Programs and Features. Then select Uninstall Program.
6D. Select any Autodesk product you need to uninstall (example: F/X CAD 2022), then click Uninstall/Change.
You'll now see the Uninstall screen for the version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD you selected. Click Uninstall and follow the prompts to uninstall the program.
For more detailed steps, see our Uninstall AutoCAD or F/X CAD page.