The steps on this page outline the process of backing up a Land F/X installation on your "old server" and restoring the data on your "new server" in order to move your Land F/X server.
Do you have just a few Land F/X projects and no custom blocks? Consider this easier method!
The server migration steps outlined below provide a great way to copy everything in your LandFX folder, but we understand that the instructions might sound intimidating. If you have fewer than 20 Land F/X projects and you haven't created a lot of custom content, such as blocks, you can just use our Backup and Restore tools to back up all your Land F/X projects.
Do the migration steps outlined below seem overwhelming? They're actually very simple. Here's a 7-minute video showing exactly how to complete the migration process:
Step 1: Download and run the Automatic Backup Script.
1. Download the following backup file, and place it in your LandFX folder on your old server:
2. Open the file, and select the Backup option. This step will create a folder called LandFXCopy in your LandFX folder.
3. Transfer this entire folder to your new server.
Step 2: Install Land F/X on your new server.
Follow our installation steps to set up a "fresh" installation of Land F/X on your new server.
Step 3: Copy the backups to your new server, and restore.
1. Place the LandFXCopy folder inside the LandFX folder on your new server.
2. Download the backup file linked below, and also place it inside the LandFX folder on your new server.
3. Open the landfx-backup-restore.bat file, and select the Restore option.
This step should import the database backup from your old server and overwrite all data folders from the LandFXCopyfolder to the correct location on your new server.
Step 4: Reconfigure the workstations.
1. Uninstall F/X Workstation from every machine.
2. Run the setup64.exe file from the mapped LandFX location on each machine.
These steps should configure CAD on each machine to point correctly to the new LandFX folder location. However, use our Verify the Land F/X Workstation Configuration checklist to ensure that it is working correctly.