Here are concise steps for backing up a Land F/X installation on your single-user computer and restoring the data on your new server:
Step 1: Download and run the Automatic Backup Script.
• Download the backup file linked below and place it in your landfx folder on your single-user installation:
• Open the file, and select the Backup option. This will create a folder called landfxcopy in your LandFX folder. Transfer this entire folder to your new server.
Step 2: Install Land F/X on your new server.
Step 3: Copy the backups to your new server, and Restore.
• Download the backup file linked below, and place it in your LandFX folder on your new server:
• Now place the landfxcopy folder inside the LandFX folder on your new server.
• Open the landfx-backup-restore.bat file (linked above), and select the Restore option.
This step should import the database backup from your single-user installation and overwrite all data folders from the landfxcopy folder to the correct location on your new server.
Step 4: Uninstall Land F/X from the single-user computer, and reconfigure it.
• Using the Control Panel on your computer, uninstall F/X Server and F/X Workstation.
• Map a drive to the server LandFX folder as specified in the server setup steps.
• Install the Land F/X Workstation component:
- 64-bit systems: Run our latest Workstation installer (setup64.exe) from your LandFX folder.
- 32-bit systems: Follow our manual workstation installation steps.
• Open CAD to see whether the Land F/X menus and toolbars are present. If not, follow our steps to load your Land F/X menus.
Step 5: Configure the Land F/X workstations
When you open CAD, the License Management screen will open. Here, you will assign all Land F/X licenses to the server. Each workstation user will then check out a license when he or she opens CAD and needs to use Land F/X.