The following steps are for installing F/X CAD 2015 and Land F/X on a single computer that will not be accessing Land F/X software from an office server or shared online folder.
Installing in an office that will have multiple F/X CAD and Land F/X users? Use our Multi-User installation steps instead.
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your Land F/X Support ID*.
Your Serial Number and Product Key*.
*You or your office will have received your Support ID, Serial Number, and Product Key in an email from Land F/X.
The location where you will be storing your LandFX folder.
This folder will contain all data associated with your Land F/X installation and projects.
- For Single-User installations, we recommend keeping our default location for your LandFX folder – directly on your C: drive (C:/LandFX).
- Installing in an office that will have multiple Land F/X users? Use our Multi-User installation steps instead.
- More information on where to store your LandFX folder
As an AutoCAD installation, F/X CAD requires a robust computer in order to function properly.
Take a look at our system requirements for F/X CAD.
Installing on a Mac? You'll need to install Parallels and and a Windows operating system first.
Before installing F/X CAD 2015, it's a good idea to verify that you do not already have AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2015 installed on your computer – even a trial version.
Follow our instructions to check for and uninstall existing versions of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
Are you installing in an office that will have multiple Land F/X users? If so, you most likely need a Multi-User installation. The steps on this page will result in a Single-User installation, which can cause problems in offices with multiple Land F/X users.
If you are unsure of any of these items, please contact your IT administrator.
Step 2: Download and Extract the Installer
Right-click the F/X CAD 2015 Installer download link below.
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that opens, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 10 to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
F/X CAD 2015 Installer - 64 Bit Only (1.1 GB)
Step 3: Install F/X CAD
F/X CAD not installing correctly, or shutting down after installation? Troubleshooting steps >
Step 4: Install Land F/X
|Welcome Screen: Click Next.|
|Land F/X License Agreement: Scroll down and select I Accept if you agree. Then click Next.|
Support ID: Enter your Land F/X Support ID.
You can find your Support ID in the Trial Approval or Purchase email you received from Land F/X.
|Product Activated: Click OK.|
Destination Folder: This folder path will become the location where all your Land F/X data and projects are stored.
Database Installation: Select either Cloud Data or Local Data and click Next.
Which to choose?
Our Cloud Data option is a great option for firms with a fast and reliable Internet connection, as well as offices with employees who plan to work remotely on home computers or laptops.
If your office does not have a reliable Internet connection, we recommend selecting Local Data.
For more information on Cloud and Local data, see our pages on:
Still not sure which to choose? Ask your IT administrator.
|Ready to Install the Program: Click Install.|
|InstallShield Wizard Completed: Click Finish.|
Step 5: License (Activate) your F/X CAD InstallationIn the first step of the licensing (activation) process, you will generate a Request Code and send it to us by completing the steps below. You can then continue to use the installation in trial mode until you receive your Activation Code.
|Click Activate, and follow the on-screen prompts to send us the Request Code.|
While waiting for your Activation Code, you can continue to use the software in trial mode.
Once you receive the email with your Activation Code, you can license (activate) your F/X CAD installation.For information on licensing (activating) your installation, and to see more screenshots of the process, please visit landfx.com/activate.
• Issue: Error message: This Product is not registered. Please reactivate it by typing REACTIVATE.
Solution: Reactivate your Land F/X installation, then restart CAD.
• Issue: Don't see Land F/X anywhere? Is there no Launch Land F-X shortcut on your desktop?Solution: Navigate to the C:/LandFX folder (or the location where your LandFX folder is stored) and run (double-click) the setup64/setup.exe file.
• Issue: Don't see your Land F/X menus when you open CAD?Solution: Load the Land F/X menus manually >
• Issue: You received an error message similar to the following: Unable to establish an Internet connection to the registration server to validate your Support ID.Solution: You may need to disable a firewall on your computer before you can license our software.