This guide provides instructions for college or university IT administrators to set up Land F/X software in an AutoCAD workstation lab environment. Once you complete these instructions, you will have a single-user Land F/X installation on each CAD workstation in your lab.
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete this installation, you will need:
Your lab-specific Land F/X Support ID*
* This will not be the same Support ID your students use for their home computers/laptops. You should have received this Support ID in an email from Land F/X. Don't see it? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive it.
Workstations in the lab with a compatible version of CAD (full or student license)
Land F/X is compatible with AutoCAD, F/X CAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Map 3D, or AutoCAD Architecture, version 2014 or newer.
Land F/X is not compatible with AutoCAD LT.
Step 2: Install Land F/X
This is a "Single-User" installation. It will install both the FX Server and FX Workstation components on one machine.
For more information, see our detailed installation instructions.
Already have Land F/X installed in your lab? New academic year? Here's what to do.
Step 3 (If Applicable): Install the Land F/X Plugins for SketchUp, Rhino, and/or Revit
If your lab uses 3D modeling software, download and install the Land F/X plugin for each of the following programs that will be used in your lab:
Miscellaneous Details if needed:
Automatically Create Key by double-clicking reg file: Regedit String Entry
Manually Create Key by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ecografx\Land F/X
- Create a String Entry named InstallPath
- Set the Value to C:\LandFX
Already have Land F/X installed in your lab? New academic year?
You’ll just need to reactivate Land F/X on each workstation with your new lab-specific Support ID*.
*This will not be the same Support ID used by students at your school for their home computers/laptops. Don't have it? Email email@example.com to receive it.
1. Open AutoCAD.
2. Type REACTIVATE in the Command line and press Enter.
3. Click OK in the prompt that follows, and enter your new lab-specific Support ID.
4. Repeat these steps on each additional workstation.
Checklist for Verification:
Installed app: F/X Server, Sketchup (if applicable)
AutoCAD, F/X Admin menu > Check for Updates, updated?
F/X Admin menu, Project Files – comes up? Any default projects desired here?
SketchUp – Plugins menu, Land F/X Settings – plugin up to date?