The steps on this page show how to download and run our latest F/X Workstation installer – a file named setup64.exe.
You may need to download and run our latest Workstation installer because you:
- Are installing Land F/X in an office that has a central, shared LandFX folder on a server or shared online folder.
- Are upgrading your CAD platform, which will require you to reconfigure the Land F/X Workstation for the new version.
- Want to change the ribbon panels (F/X Details, F/X Planting, F/X Irrigation, etc.) that are visible in your installation.
Need to repair a problem with your existing installation. Here are a few examples:
You received one of the following error messages:
- Unknown Command
- Functionality is locked until Land F/X is loaded
- Arx missing: C/programfilesx86/openDCL Internal stack limit reached.
- You can't see your Land F/X menus in CAD.
- You see question marks in place of your Land F/X icons.
- Your Land F/X ribbons or icons are outdated (missing the Color Rendertool, etc.).
- You received one of the following error messages:
Step 1: Prerequisites
To complete these steps, you will need to know:
The location of your LandFX folder: Is it on your on computer, on a central office server, or in a shared online folder?
Do you have a Single-User installation? If you are installing on a new or additional computer, please use our Single-User installation steps.
Step 2: Uninstall your existing F/X Workstation component
Important: Before downloading and running the latest Workstation installer, you'll need to uninstall the F/X Workstation component that's already installed on your computer. Do not uninstall the F/X Server component, or any other applications.
Follow our steps to uninstall the F/X Workstation component from your computer.
Step 3: Download installer and place it in your LandFX folder
3A. Right-click the Workstation Installer (Setup64.exe) download link below.
Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As" from the menu that appears, and save the file to your desktop.
The installer is quite a large piece of software. Please allow 5 to 10 minutes for the download to complete.
Updated January 09 2019
3B.Find the setup64.exe file you just downloaded, and drag it into your LandFXfolder, replacing the existing one.
If your LandFX folder is on an office server or shared online folder, drag and drop the installer file (setup64.exe) into the LandFX folder into that location.
Using our software with an office server or shared online folder? Your LandFX folder needs to be a letter drive (example: L:\), or at least on a letter drive. If you haven't already, you'll need to map a letter drive to the LandFX folder. You may need to ask your IT administrator to complete this process.
Errors & issues at this point?
Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable. Solution >
- Does your server have an X through it? Just double-click it and restart CAD. The X will go away, and you'll be able to open your server.
Step 4: Start the installer
4A. Take a look inside your LandFX folder. Does it contain a file named LandFX.vlx?
4B. Double-click the setup64.exe file in your LandFX folder and follow the instructions to install.
F/X Workstation is already installed. Please uninstall it from Programs and Features.
If you see this message, complete the following steps:
1.Follow our steps to uninstall the existing F/X Workstation component.
2. Run the setup64.exefile again.
3. You may see options to Modify, Remove, or Reinstall. If so, click Remove.
4. Run the setup64.exe file a third time and proceed through the installation steps.
The wizard was interrupted before F/X Workstation could be completely installed.
Do you see this message on the InstallShield Wizard Completed screen? If so, cancel the installation and follow our steps to uninstall the F/X Workstation component. Then run the installer again.
Other errors & issues at this point?
- You have our software installed on an office server, but you don't see the letter drive that contains your LandFX folder. Solution >
- Error 1327: Invalid Drive, or "That does not appear to be the LandFX folder." Solution >
- Could not connect to database 'landfx' on server XXXXXX with user 'ODBC'. Continue anyway? Solution >
The system should automatically configure your AutoCAD installation correctly and load the menus.
4C. Open CAD. If your Land F/X tools are working correctly and you are able to see your F/X menus, you have configured our software successfully.
Additional issues or errors? Solutions >
Still experiencing your original issue or error?
If you ran our Workstation installer to fix a particular issue or error message, and it's still occurring, the problem is likely with your AutoCAD configuration. Here's what to do:
Issues and errors?
Problems with your installation after running the Workstation installer? Or are you seeing an error message? Here are some common issues and errors:
- Don't see your Land F/X menus in CAD? Solution >
- Land F/X icons still appearing as question marks? Solution >
- The _menus_ folder is missing from C:\Program Files\LandFX after you've run the Workstation installer. Solution >
- Need to install the workstation manually? Solution >
- You have a 32-bit computer. Solution >
- You are unable to view or navigate to your network drive. Solution >
- Your server has an X through it. Solution: Double-click the icon for your server and restart CAD. The X will go away, and you'll be able to navigate to your server.
Specific error messages you might see:
- Still getting an Unknown Command error message? Solution >
- Error: Functionality is Locked Until Land F/X is Loaded Solution >
- Error: F/X CAD Cannot Function Without Land F/X Installed Correctly Solution >
- No Letter Drive Available – Must Be Run from LandFX Folder Solution >
- Error 1327: Invalid drive Solution >
- That does not appear to be the LandFX folder (and you are absolutely sure you are running the installer from the LandFX folder) Solution >
- Error 1606: Could not access network location Solution >
- An AutoCAD setting is causing your menus to load from an incorrect location. Would you like to reload your menus from the correct location? Solution >
- Could not connect to database 'landfx' on server ... with user ... . Continue anyway? Solution >
- Error 1306: Another application has exclusive access to the file (filename) Solution >
- Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable. Solution >
- The wizard was interrupted before F/X Workstation could be completely installed. Solution:Uninstall the F/X Workstation component. Then run the installer again.
- The installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (x64) appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation? Solution: Ensure that you are running the latest Land F/X Workstation installer (the file setup64 that's linked at the top of this page). As long as you are running the latest Workstation installer, you can simply click Yes and continue with the installation.