You want your valves and other mainline equipment symbols to align automatically with the orientation of the mainline pipe.
Valves placed with no set rotation (default setting)
Valves oriented in the direction of the mainline (desired setting)
For the sake of consistency, symbols placed using our software are generally placed with no rotation by default. You're here because you'd prefer to align the valve symbols with the position of the mainline for a cleaner look.
Complete the steps below to set your valve (or other equipment) symbols to have a manual rotation.
Some rules about what will and will not rotate:
- Quick coupler valves will never rotate because of a hose distance preview that needs to be used when you place these symbols.
- Any symbol that holds an attribute will also not rotate, which will allow the text to stay upright.
Steps to make symbols rotate:
1. Open our Edit Equipment tool.
2. Select the symbol you want to orient to the mainline.
3. Click the symbol thumbnail in the Equipment Info dialog box.
4. Select the symbol you want to rotate, then click Edit.
5. Under Rotation, select the Manual option.
Then click OK.
6. Place one of the valves (or other equipment) whose rotation you just changed.
You can either:
- Place the equipment directly on mainline, as pictured to the left, and the symbol will align to the direction of the existing mainline.
- Place the equipment off the mainline. You'll be prompted to select the rotation of the equipment, and then pipe to it as needed.