Our wishlist of requests from Land F/X users is among the main drivers of new features we engineer into the software. Each year, our development team scours this list to prioritize which exciting new functionality should come next. You'll learn how we determine what's a priority and what's on tap for this year, but more importantly, we want you to bring your list of hopes and dreams for what we should add to Land F/X. Don't miss this rare opportunity to peek behind the curtain of our development process – and possibly have your feature suggestions implemented in a future update.
Note: The following catalog of content covered in this webinar is time stamped to allow you to follow along or skip to sections of the video that are relevant to your questions. You can also search for content on this page using the FIND command in your browser (CTRL + F in Windows, Command + F in Mac OS.)
- Wishlist Process
- Example Project
- Development Calendar for 2021
- Tips on How to Maintain Your Personal Wishlist
- Demonstration of Some New Features from the Wishlist
- Open for Ideas and Suggestions from You!
0:00 – 3:52: Intro/TOC
3:53 – 8:54: Wishlist Process
- Freedcamp project management system
- Monthly meetings
- Breakout meetings
Who gets on the wishlist? (5:42)
- How many people asked for it?
- Is there a viable workaround?
- How much time would it save?
- How easy will it be to engineer?
- When should it be completed?
- Does it have a complete mockup?
8:55 – 17:19: Example Project
Wishlist example: Slope Area (8:55)
17:20 – 19:38: Development Calendar for 2021
- Schematic and Circuiting palette
- Web-based plant search dialog box
- Grading palette
- Site amenities color picker
- Common Truecolor picker
- Schedule redo
- Integrations with LandscapeHub and PlantMaster
- Revised irrigation spray symbols
- Photo Callout enhancements
- Revise hatches
19:39 – 23:57: Tips on How to Maintain Your Personal Wishlist
- Have you sent us your high-priority wishlist items, or is it still just in your head? We can't implement what we don't know about!
- Did you send us a well-thought-out mockup of your highest-priority item, or just a random list of everything in no particular order?
- Does it include a mockup in CAD of how it should look, with clear notes?
- Is this something you have bounced off of other users, or is this just a personal preference?
23:58 – 37:37: Demonstration of Some New Features from the Wishlist
- Slope Callout Areas (27:06)
- Updated plant data dialog box (31:14)
- Schematic Irrigation and Circuiting palette (33:21)
37:38 – end: Open for Ideas and Suggestions from You!
- Creating custom linetypes (for sanitation, electrical, and stormwater, for example) (39:00)
- Random planting pattern for replanting shrubs in a natural area (39:41)
- Allowing the drip emitter assignment to work on Concept Plant areas (42:26)
- Adding the plant image back in the plant block symbol (43:29)
- The ability to label drip areas with a callout indicating which valve serves them (45:54)
- Allow quarter heads to offset (48:49)
- Shade calculation for parking lots (51:25)
- Acre-feet water rights calculator (55:32)
- Schedule integration with cloud providers (56:19)
- Ability to import latitude and longitude positioning into a DWG (58:16)