Note: The following catalog of content covered in this webinar is time stamped to allow you to follow along or skip to sections of the video that are relevant to your questions. You can also search for content on this page using the FIND command in your browser (CTRL + F in Windows, Command + F in Mac OS.)
- About F/X CAD 2022
- Who Should Use It?
- Key Differences
- Key Changes Review
- Opening Civil Files and Migrating Settings
0:00 – 5:57: Intro/TOC
5:58 – 13:20: About F/X CAD 2022
Supported versions (5:58)
What is F/X CAD? (6:48)
- Only for Land F/X users (requires an active Land F/X license)
- Command-limited version of AutoCAD (OEM)
- Similar to AutoCAD LT
- Sold and supported by us
- Requires us to change the name – but it's a genuine AutoCAD engine
- PC only (run on Mac through Parallels or VMWare Fusion)
What F/X CAD 2022 can and can't do (8:57)
- Open/Save any version of DWG, DXF, DGN
- Geolocate plans for export
- Insert raster images
- Import/Export PDF
- Use Live Maps
- Auto-complete Command Line
- View proxy objects (Civil 3D, Architectural, Mechanical)
- Run any AutoCAD command designers use regularly
- Use Sheet Set Manager
- Access 3D Connection for SketchUp, Rhino, and Revit
- Customize interface and shortcuts
- Get you direct support from us!
- Install on two machines for the same person
- Run AutoLISP scripts or other add-ons
- Run without a Land F/X License
- Use AutoCAD's Rendering, Lighting, or 3D commands
- Be installed on more than two machines, or have a second installation used by another person
13:21 – 17:15: Pricing
17:16 – 19:49: Who Should Use It?
- Those who are dedicated Land F/X users and will be maintaining their Land F/X license long-term
- Sole practitioner or small firm looking to reduce costs, used to using AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD without add-ons
- Mid-or large-size firm looking to reduce costs by having some users on F/X CAD, and only those trained in Civil on Civil 3D
- Anybody who prefers to update every 2 to 3 years and wants to remain on a perpetual license
- Anybody wanting to stay up to date at a reduced cost, with the security of knowing F/X CAD will only be released when it's confirmed compatible with Land F/X
- Those who've experienced the difference between other CAD support and Land F/X support
19:50 – 28:37: Key Differences
Installation process – only what you need (19:57)
Why upgrade from F/X CAD 2017–2021 to 2022? (22:26)
- Quicker adjustments to updates and changes
- Easier to send and receive files from other firms
- Cost easier on budget
- New features each year
- Interface will match our most recent training videos
- You'll have the same version our tech support staff is using – helps answer questions and solve issues more quickly
- Encourages your office to keep up with computer maintenance
28:38 – 52:50: Key Changes Review
What's new with F/X CAD 2022? (28:38)
- ACAD ribbon improvement 6.0
- New 2022 tools, plus user requests for easier access.
- Add Layer Previous next to SuperLayIso.
- More in the Quick Access Toolbar: Copy at Base Point and XLayer.
- Floating windows: Work on 2 DWG files simultaneously in the same instance of F/X CAD.
- Count palette: See block counts in real time, with additional highlighting and error-checking options that work great combined with Land F/X tools.
- Live Maps: Previously in the "Can't" list for F/X CAD, it's now in the "Can" list!
- Multicore support: With the right hardware, get a performance boost.
Cleaned-up Start screen (30:37)
Floating tabs (31:19)
Quick Access Toolbar updates (34:02)
- Layer Previous button added next to SuperLayIso in Quick Access Toolbar (34:11)
- XLayer (35:15)
- Copy with Basepoint (36:15)
Snap to Underlays, Data Extraction, and Hyperlink added to Insert ribbon (38:17)
Design Center added to View ribbon (38:29)
Count palette added to View ribbon (39:03)
Live Maps (47:12)
52:51 – end: Opening Civil Drawings and Migrating Your Settings
Opening a Civil drawing (52:51)
Migrating your settings (54:40)