Join us as we continue our foray into exploring AI’s potential as a major driver of productivity in your workplace. We’ll demonstrate the use of ChatGPT in composing everything from bid proposals to mission statements and concept descriptions, as well as delve into tools such as Grammarly that can help with the writing side of office duties.
Note: The following catalog of content covered in this webinar is time stamped to allow you to follow along or skip to sections of the video that are relevant to your questions. You can also search for content on this page using the FIND command in your browser (CTRL + F in Windows, Command + F in Mac OS.)
- AI in the Workplace
- What is AI?
- Eleven Labs Voice Synthesizer
- Honorable Mentions
- Examples of tasks that can be performed with AI
0:00 – 3:43: Intro/TOC
3:44 – 26:01: AI in the Workplace
What is AI? (3:44)
- The simulation of human-like intelligence.
- Refers to the development of computer systems capable of performing tasks that would typically require human intelligence.
- It involves simulating human intelligence in machines, enabling them to learn from experience, adapt to new situations, and perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
How can this be used to help in the office? (4:47)
Examples of tasks AI can assist with:
- Automated data entry
- Marketing content generation
- Finding and hiring employees
- Report generation
- Writing and error checking
- Automated interaction with clients
Chat GPT Overview
- Developed and released by OpenAI in 2022.
- GPT is a state-of-the-art language model that uses deep learning techniques to generate human-like text based on given prompts.
- It is trained on a massive amount of text data to learn patterns, context, and language structures.
- How to access it
- Openai.com or specifically chat.openai.com
- Sign up for openai.com
- Log in
- How to use it
- Simply type a question or request into the prompt box and let 'er rip.
- Uses for ChatGPT:
- Email responses/ templates
- Writing essays, poetry, documentation, technical writing, creative writing, etc. Really any kind of writing.
- Providing answers to just about any question.
- You will want to verify answers.
- Avoid sifting through ad-riddled and click baity results from a Google Search.
- Fast responses.
- Somewhat human-like responses.
- May occasionally generate incorrect information.
- May occasionally produce harmful instructions or biased content.
- Limited knowledge of world and events after 2021.
- Advanced digital writing assistant that helps users improve their writing quality, accuracy, and clarity.
- Real-time grammar, spelling, and punctuation checks, highlighting errors and providing suggestions for corrections.
- How can you access it?
- Sign up
- Download Desktop app
- Grammarly will run in the background and assist on any application where writing is involved.
- Whether you're writing an email, document, or even notes, Grammarly will offer suggestions on writing improvements.
- You always get the option to accept or dismiss suggestions.
- Write faster without thinking too much on tone, grammar, punctuation.
- Assists with catching errors.
- Sound more professional without making spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Can be a little intrusive.
- Doesn't understand a lot of CAD speak and other niche terminology.
Eleven Labs Voice Synthesizer (13:03)
Eleven Labs Overview
- ElevenLabs is an American software company developing natural-sounding speech synthesis and text-to-speech software, using artificial intelligence and deep learning.
- Still in Beta.
- Use default voices or train the system on your voice.
- Write a script and it will automatically create a narration.
- How can you access it?
- Web browser UI
- Free to use
- Web browser UI
- Free to use
- Subscription required to "clone" voice
- Training the AI to mimic (clone) your voice:
- Upload audio files of your voice.
- Works best to add clear recordings without any music or background noise.
- Create a description of the type of voice you want produced.
- Uses/ benefits
- Pre-recorded presentations.
- Video narration.
- Voicemail message creation.
- Create audio of your voice in another language.
- Bonus points: Have Chat GPT write your script, and copy the text into Eleven Labs.
- Land F/X insights:
- The voiceover narration of a 2-minute Power Tip video can take an hour or more to record and edit.
- With ElevenLabs, we can save hours per video.
- While impressive, it still sounds a little robotic.
- Not much control on output.
- Hard to get tone and inflections correct.
- According to reviews, accents don't work well.
Honorable Mentions (19:29)
- Automated email responses.
- Choose a positive or negative response and AI will write the email for you based on the context of the previous message.
- Add notes for a custom message.
- Results are placed in the email window so you can still edit the message to add details or your own personality.
- Geared for marketing.
- Write content for video descriptions, titles, blogs, social media posts, products, etc.
- If you're struggling with writing catchy blurbs on your website or want to improve your social media posts, Jasper AI is a great resource.
- Also includes AI image generation.
- Large community of interactive users.
- Reads and analyzes PDF documents.
- Talk to the Chatbot for information found in the PDF.
- Saves time of finding information buried deep in a large PDF.
26:02 – end: Demonstration
Examples of tasks that can be performed with AI (26:02)
Food for Thought (53:36)
- AI can be great for cutting down on mundane tasks but you should always check what is produced to make sure it works for you.
- Human understanding and problem-solving skills are still necessary for guiding AI and verifying results.
- Ethical considerations
- These AI systems are still new and continuously evolving.
- Full automation is not yet here, and people still like hearing from actual people. If you use AI, you may benefit from adding your own personality.
Discussion on online AI image searches (55:12)