You've customized your AutoCAD or F/X CAD interface and need to reset it to the default settings.
Open the Windows Start menu. Locate the F-X CAD 2022 folder in the list of options, and click it to expand it.
Select the option to Reset Settings to Default.
Your settings will be reset to the defaults.
1. Open your Start menu. Locate the folder for your year version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD in the list of options (example: AutoCAD 2021 - English), and click it to expand it.
2. Select the option to Reset Settings to Default.
Your AutoCAD settings will be reset to the defaults.
If you have a version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD older than the 2019 version, you'll need to follow the manual steps for resetting CAD to its default settings.
1. Close AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
2. Open the Windows Start menu, and type Export into the search bar.
Select the option to Export AutoCAD 20xx Settings – where 20xx is your year version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD (AutoCAD 2018 shown as an example).
Don't have the Export utility? Make copies of the two folders mentioned in Step 3 below, then export the registry path listed in Step 5.
3. Delete the following folders:
- C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx
- C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20xx
To see and delete these folders, you'll need to have hidden files and folders enabled.
4. Press the Windows + R keys (Windows keyboard) or Command + R keys (Mac keyboard).
Type REGEDIT in the Run dialog box and press Enter top open the Registry Editor.
5. In the Registry Editor, back up and then delete the following Registry key:
The names of the folders Rxx.x and ACAD-xxxx 40x will vary depending on your version of AutoCAD.