When placing a Reference Note callout, any callout that uses multileaders (MLeaders), a schedule (such as a Plant or Irrigation Schedule) or a Work Area, you received an error message containing the text AcRx, or one or all of the following:
- AcRxClassname (may also begin with Automation Error, as in the Automation Error. AcRxClassName is not in the system registry example shown to the right)
- Error: 'AutoCAD.Application: ACRxClassName entry is not in the system registry
- Calling method SetObjectId of interface IAcadBaseObject failed
- Error: AutoCAD application calling method set object ID of interface AutoCAD based object failed
- Error: Exception occurred
This error may have popped up when you were trying to work with one of the following callout types:
- Reference Notes Callouts
- Any site callout with text
- Detail leaders with text
- Plant labels
You can address this error by repairing the registry file associated with MLeaders and Work Areas.
First, download the AcRxClassName zip file linked below.
Clicking the link above will create a file named AcRxClassName.zip in the location where your downloads normally go, such as your Downloads folder or your desktop.
Locate this file, and double-click it.
You'll now see a folder named AcRxClassName. Open this folder.
Within that folder, you'll see several files with the .reg extension, as pictured below.
You'll need to have your file extensions enabled to see the .reg extensions at the ends of these file names.
Double-click the file that matches your version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
For example, if you have AutoCAD 2022, double-click the file 2022_patch.reg.
You should now be able to place MLeaders or Work Areas without seeing the error.