We've been fielding quite a few questions lately from Land F/X users wanting to install our plugins and F/X CAD on multiple machines. We thought now would be a good time to remind everyone of our (and Autodesk's) licensing policies.
Land F/X plugins (Design F/X, Planting F/X, and Irrigation F/X)
These plugins are our own proprietary products that, despite working within AutoCAD, are separate pieces of software from AutoCAD. That's why we can offer a flexible licensing policy where:
- Although two users cannot operate a single Land F/X license on two devices at the same time, you are allowed to install and operate any of these plugins on as many devices as you need.
- Offices with multiple Land F/X users are allowed to pull from a pool of Design F/X, Planting F/X, and/or Irrigation F/X licenses, as long as only one user is operating a given license at a time.
F/X CAD is a genuine CAD platform, authorized and licensed by Autodesk but sold and supported by us. Because it's an AutoCAD engine, F/X CAD falls under the Autodesk Licenses and Services Agreement.
That means we can't be as flexible with F/X CAD licensing as we are with our plugins. Specifically:
- One seat of F/X CAD may only be installed and activated on one person's work computer and home computer or laptop, and only one of these installations may be used at a time, by that same person.
- Unlike our Land F/X plugins, a single F/X CAD license may not be installed on multiple devices for use by different people, or shared in a central pool of licenses.
- Violation of these terms may result in a license audit carried out by Autodesk.
- Please also note that F/X CAD is a CAD engine specifically for Land F/X users, so it will not function without one of our Land F/X plugins, purchased separately.
We appreciate your understanding.