When installing one of our products, you received one of the following error messages:
- Error writing my.ini file
- Error starting service
These errors are caused by an issue with the installaiton of the MYSQL database.
You should only see one or both of these errors when installing using our Local Data option.
You can resolve either of these errors by completing the following steps:
1. Cancel the installer
2. Open the Programs and Features utility within your Control Panel, and remove the file MySQL Server 5.5.
3. Delete the LandFX folder from the location where you chose to put it when installing.
4. Verify that your hidden files and folders are visible.
5. Delete the following files:
- C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL 5.5 Server
Program Files is a hidden folder. You will only be able to see it and delete these files if your hidden files and folders are visible.
6. Run the installer again. It should go through without issue..