You tried following our steps to load the Land F/X menus, but the menus aren't loading.
The Loaded Customization Groups pane in the Load/Unload Customizations dialog box may be blank and missing all your menus, including the LandFX and ACAD menus.
Or the menus may simply not be loading.
AutoCAD can sometimes have trouble reading the menu files to load. Sometimes, an acad.cuix file from any third-party office software or office customization can prevent your menus from loading. You may need to unload the menus and then reload them one at a time, starting with the ACAD menu.
We've also seen this issue occur when users mistakenly type Menu instead of MenuLoad when attempting to load the menus.
These steps may look the same as the instructions on our load the Land F/X menus page, but they are actually slightly different. Please follow these steps if you've attempted to load the Land F/X menus but they are not loading.
1. Type MenuLoad in the Command line. Press Enter.
Important: Make sure you're typing MenuLoad – not just Menu.
2. Unload the menus from the Loaded Customization Groups.
If the Loaded Customization Groups pane is blank, just click Unload.
If you see any menus in this pane, click them to highlight them.
Then click Unload.
If you see multiple menus here, as pictured to the right, you may need to unload them one at a time.
3. The Loaded Customization Groups pane should now be completely blank.
Do you still see one or more menus listed in the Loaded Customization Groups pane? If so, go back to Step 2 and unload them one at a time until you don't see any menus.
4. Navigate to the following folder path:
C:\users\(your username)\AppData\roaming\autodesk\(your version of AutoCAD)\r21.0\enu\support
- (your username) will be your actual username on your computer.
- (your version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD) will be your year version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD. Example: AutoCAD 2017
- r21.0: Depending on your version of AutoCAD, you may see a folder with a different name from 21.0. Example: 20.0.
AppData is a hidden folder. If you cannot see it under your user profile, you'll need to make your hidden files and folders visible.
5. Select the file acad.CUIX (or just acad) from this location. Then click Open.
6. Back in the Load/Unload Customizations dialog box, you should see the name of the file you just selected in the File Name field.
7. Your ACAD menu should now be loaded. Depending on your AutoCAD installationm other menus may also be loaded, such as CUSTOM and EXPRESS.
Click Browse again.
9. Open the folder within the _menus_ folder that corresponds to your version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD.
For example, if you have AutoCAD or F/X CAD 2017, open the 2017 folder.
10. Within the folder that corresponds to your version of AutoCAD or F/X CAD (example: 2017), you'll see a file named landfx.cuix.
1 Select that file.
2 Click Open.
12. You should now see a LANDFX menu listed in the Loaded Customization Groups.
13. Finally, save your workspace settings to ensure that your menus stay loaded.
Type WSSAVE in the Command line, and press Enter.
The Save Workspace dialog box will open. Select your workspace from the menu. (In most cases, your workspace will be named Drafting & Annotation, which is the default workspace.)
Menus still not loading?
If the menus are still not loading, complete the following steps to address the issue:
1. Follow our steps to revert/restore the acad.bak.cuix.
2. Go back to Still don't see your ribbons and menus? above, and complete these steps again.
You should now see your ribbons and menus as shown above. If not, your next step should be to complete our manual workstation installation steps.