Your callouts are scaled incorrectly in relation to the rest of your drawing. (That is, some or all of your callouts are too big or too small.) This issue can affect any type of callout, such as:
- Plant labels
- Reference Note (RefNote) callouts
- Site callouts such as Spot Elevations or Slope Callouts
- Irrigation valve callouts and pipe labels
- Detail callouts
Are your plant labels, Reference Notes callouts, or mainline and lateral size callouts scaling incorrectly? If so, these callouts may be sized incorrectly because of a font size issue. See our steps to correct scale with plant labels, RefNote callouts, and mainline and lateral size callouts.
See our Working With Scale webinar for a tutorial on the proper use of scale in your drawings, including techniques for correcting scale in your labels.
1. Delete all incorrectly scaled callouts and labels, and type PRG into the Command line to Purge them completely from the drawing.
2. Follow our steps to verify your units.
3. Confirm the drawing scale and units using our Scale tool.
If you need to rescale, select the option to Rescale objects.
4. Follow our steps to fix the DWG units in your drawing.
5. (block-based label styles only) Open the source files for the labels in question (both -L and -R) to compare them and make sure that one is not larger than the other.
If you need to rescale a site callout, Discipline Graphic, or plant label, follow our steps to rescale these items.
6. Place the callout or label in your drawing. It should now insert at the correct size.
To avoid this issue in the future, maintain a separate CAD template file for each unit type.