- Placing a Slope Callout
- Correcting Scale With Slope Callouts
You can use our Slope Callouts tool to place callouts that show the percentage and direction of slopes in your drawing. You can also use this tool in conjunction with our Spot Elevation tool to call out the slope between two existing elevations.
Slope callouts are related to Spot Elevations. For more information, see our Spot Elevation documentation page.
Placing a Slope Callout
Open the Slope Callout tool:
F/X Site ribbon, Slope Callout flyout
Site Dimension toolbar
F/X Site menu, Slope Callout option
or type FX_PlaceSlopeCallout in the Command line
The cursor will turn into a pickbox. The Command line will indicate: Arrow Point, or select slope dimension or first spot elevation.
You have three options at this point:
Place an Arrow Point Manually
To place an arrow point manually, just click to place the callout arrow. You can then use the mouse to orient the callout, and then type the slope percentage in the Slope dialog box.
Type the slope percentage in the dialog box.
Select a Slope Dimension Line
The cursor will turn into a pickbox when you open the Slope Callout tool. Use the pickbox to select one of the slope dimension lines that appear when you place Spot Elevations in relation to each other.
A callout of that slope will appear along the line.
Because the dimension line is non-plot, it will not show up when you plot.
Select Two Spot Elevation Callouts
You can also pick two Spot Elevation callouts. A slope callout will appear between the two Spot Elevation callouts with the percentage of slope indicated for these elevations.
Use the pickbox to select the text portion of first Spot Elevation callout. Then select the text portion of the second Spot Elevation callout.
The slope callout will be placed between the two.
When selecting two Spot Elevation callouts, make sure you select the text portions of the callouts. Otherwise, the Slope Elevation callout will come in blank.
Correcting Scale With Slope Callouts
If your slope callout text is coming in too big or too small in relation to the rest of your drawing, you're most likely facing a scaling issue. If this is the case, follow our steps to correct scale in callouts.
If you want to make permanent changes to the size or scale of the entire slope callout as it inserts in your drawings, you can do so by editing the slope callout source blocks.
- Grading A, B, C for Landscape Architects: Follow along as we cover the basics of simple landscape grading. We cover some simple concepts like calculating slope and interpolating contours, and show you how to use our easy grading tools in a real plan. (1 hr 4 min)
- Common Land F/X Questions: This webinar covers some of our lesser-known tools, including our Spot Elevation tool and how it relates to SLope Callouts. (1 hr)
- Grading and Drainage: Learn simple grading processes using our annotation tools, as well as some basics in Civil 3D for more dynamic site modeling. We'll explore how to automate your grading workflow based on the needs of the project. (1 hr 2 min)
- Site Plans and Land F/X: Aaron Emerson of Mills Design Group will show some award-winning case studies of how the Land F/X Site tools, including the grading tools, are used throughout his office. Aaron will also go over some important lessons learned while setting up an efficient site design workflow. (57 min)