Announcing the 2020 Photo Contest Winners Soon!
If the Land F/X judges select your photo as one of the top three entries, or if your submission receives the most votes, you’ll get to choose your prize from among several outstanding options.
We know you're not just in it for the recognition. If your submission is chosen as one of the four best photos – 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or People's Choice – pick the prize you want! Read up on the possible loot!
Plants should be somewhat mature and in the most picturesque time of the blooming cycle. Choose a time, day or night, that will produce the optimum light/shade combination.
Provide photos that show the beauty and depth of your design. We'd love photos with the irrigation running, but the irrigation plan along with photos is also acceptable.
Hardscape & Details
Choose your most intricate, detailed (pun intended) creations. Submit photos of the finished site along with the actual details you created with Land F/X and used in your design.
Products in Place
Show us how you best used a manufacturer's product, specified using the Manufacturer Connection, to turn your space into a place. You can choose to focus on one or multiple pieces of equipment that highlight your site's character.
We upgraded our lighting module extensively last year, and we still glow with excitement over projects that are seen in a different light. Choose an alternate time of day to showcase your design features and the fixtures that illuminate them.
How to submit
- Fill out our form as completely as possible. You can submit as many project images as you want for the contest, but only one per submission. To submit another image, just fill out the form again.
- Having trouble? Email your entries to email@example.com, making sure to include your images and contact information.
What we’re looking for
- Projects that have been installed for one year or more.
- Projects of all sizes and types – including residential, commercial, resorts, government or institutional sites.
- Preferred submission packages will provide the full range of the project by including CAD drawings, 3D models, animations, and/or details, along with photos and/or videos of the completed site.
- Eye-catching designs of lively, inviting spaces. Does the landscape complement and enhance the site, and does it feel part of its surroundings? Are the colors balanced, and is the plant material well suited? Are the site-built elements functional, durable, and comfortable? Is this a place where our judges would want to spend a day or evening, just because of how embracing the site design is?
- Entrants are required to have been Land F/X clients for at least one year.
- Each submission must be accompanied by an entry form.
- No limit on the number of submissions per entrant.
- Each submission may include multiple images of the same project.
- Submitted projects must be designed using Land F/X software.
- By entering the photo contest, you are granting Land F/X permission to use your submissions on our website and in other promotional materials, including our brochure.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- People’s Choice Award voting: Anyone can vote — just create or use an Instagram account.
- Submitting period is April 1 – 30. Voting lasts May 1 – 15.
- Winners of the 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-place prizes, as well as the People’s Choice Award, may choose their prizes from among any of those available.
- We reserve the right to monitor votes for potential manipulation, including making use of Instagram's standard for ensuring the legitimacy of accounts. That said, we allow and encourage you to ask friends and family to vote for your entry!
- Entries may include photos, 3D renderings, details, colorization drawings, animations, and/or videos.
- Photo resolution: 5 to 8 megapixels minimum, 20 megapixels recommended.
- Submissions must include credits for each photo or image as you would like them to appear. Please also include the names of the photographer, project, and designer.
- Companion files are highly recommended. Files must be zipped and submitted along with the photo entry. Examples include CAD drawings, 3D models, animations, and/or details, along with photos and/or videos of the completed site.