2019 Photo Contest
April 1 – May 10
Our annual Photo Contest has come to an end. Thank you to everyone who participated. Stay tuned to hear who won!
Falling Waters Landscape Inc.
First Place, 2018
We know you're not just in it for the recognition. Read up on the loot!
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
Put the power of cinema in your hands with this high-powered but compact movie camera. Details & specs
Apple Watch Hermès
Leave that bulky phone behind. Get a 16-GB Apple Watch with a Hermès wristband. Details & specs
GAOMON Screen Drawing Tablet
Bring the creativity of hand-drawn artwork to the digital world with this drawing tablet and stylus. GAOMON details
Plants should be somewhat mature and in the most picturesque time of the blooming cycle. Day or night, choose a time that will produce the optimum light/shade combination.
Provide photos that show the beauty and depth of your design. We'd love photos with the irrigation running, but the irrigation plan along with photos is also acceptable.
Hardscape & Details
Choose your most intricate, detailed (pun intended) creations. Submit photos of the finished site along with the actual details you created with Land F/X and used in your design.
Give us your top-shelf top-floor perspective of your site. Whether your vantage is from a drone, helicopter, or even a tall building, make the view as close to bird's-eye as possible.
Before & After
We love to see the process – show us the construction in action! This category will recognize the best transformation of spaces with before and after photographs.
What you need to know
How to submit
- Fill out our form as completely as possible. You can submit as many project images as you want for the contest, but only one per submission. To submit another image, just fill out the form again.
- Having trouble? Just email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to include your images and contact information.
What we’re looking for
- Eye-catching designs of lively, inviting spaces. Does the landscape complement and enhance the site, and does it feel part of its surroundings? Are the colors balanced, and is the plant material well suited? Are the site-built elements functional, durable, and comfortable? Is this a place where our judges would want to spend a day or evening, just because of how embracing the site design is?
- Projects that have been installed for one year or more.
- Projects of all sizes and types – including residential, commercial, resorts, government or institutional sites.
- Preferred submission packages will provide the full range of the project by including CAD drawings, 3D models, animations, and/or details, along with photos and/or videos of the completed site.
- Entrants are required to have been Land F/X clients for at least one year.
- No limit on image submissions.
- One entry per image.
- Submitted projects must be designed using Land F/X software.
- By entering the photo contest, you are granting Land F/X permission to use your submissions on our website and in other promotional materials, including our brochure.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- People’s Choice Award voting: Anyone can vote — just create an account. We monitor for vote manipulation. Violators will be removed from the contest at our discretion.
- Entries may include photos, 3D renderings, details, colorization drawings, animations, and/or videos.
- Photo resolution: 5 to 8 megapixels minimum, 20 megapixels recommended.
- Submissions must include credits for each photo or image as you would like them to appear. Please also include the photographer, project name, and designer.
- We will credit images with the name of the submitting firm by default. Any extra information will need to be provided clearly in the notes during submission.