Technical CAD Drafter/ SketchUp Modeler at Land F/X
We are a software company looking for a bright and driven AutoCAD technician and/or SketchUp 3D modeler located in San Luis Obispo County, California.
Our software is an add-on program for AutoCAD and SketchUp. We offer clients access to a library of 2D blocks and 3D components to use in landscape and irrigation design. We also work with manufacturers in the industry to add their landscape products to our block and component library. Examples include benches, irrigation equipment, play structures, athletic equipment, and more.
This position is for a drafter or modeler to work on blocks and components to add to this library.
Although the position is temporary, the possibility exists for full-time employment in the future.
• Proficiency in either AutoCAD or SketchUp. Proficiency in both is an asset.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and organized in order to meet deadlines.
• Candidate will be located in the San Luis Obispo area. Working daily at our office is preferred, but we offer the possibility for remote work for highly qualified applicants. If working remotely, candidate still must occasionally meet with us at our office.
• If working remotely, candidate must have access to an AutoCAD or SketchUp license.
• Candidate must be patient and meticulous with a high level of critical thinking.
• Re-work AutoCAD blocks or details, and/or 3D SketchUp components, to match our standards, including layer structure, lineweights, and best CAD or SketchUp practices.
• Using non-CAD details as a guide, create standardized CAD details, plan blocks, and/or SketchUp 3D components.
• Perform data entry related to the above blocks, components, and details to integrate them into our system.
• Sample files of your work in .dwg or .skp format
• Date when you can start
• Rate of pay desired
*If we do not receive all of these items, we will not consider your resume.
Krystal Bozarth: email@example.com
Pay: Depends on experience ($15–$25/hour)